Easy Keto Lemon Cream Fool is a simple to make, low-carb treat, which tastes like having a lemon cream pie in a glass.
This yummy recipe, however, is so much easier to make than a pie!
Watch The Recipe Video
The lemon cream fool is a lovely, refreshing treat. You simply layer my keto lemon curd and whipped cream that is combined with lemon curd to make a lightly citrus-flavored sweet whipped cream in a dessert glass or a shot glass.
I used my homemade easy keto sugar free lemon curd in this recipe for the best tasting results, but you can also use store-bought sugar-free lemon curd as well.
Homemade Keto Lemon Curd Recipe Below
My husband and kids have begged me to make this treat repeatedly this month because it is just simply that good and they can’t get enough of it!
Common Questions About the Easy Keto Lemon Cream Fool Recipe:
A fool (not the silly human kind, lol) is traditionally an English dessert involving whipped cream or custard with fruit.
A mousse is typically a French dessert whipped with egg whites or cream with gelatin. Although I usually use cream cheese instead of raw egg whites in my mousse recipe.
No, it is ready to eat as soon as you prepare it, and you can serve it immediately.
Yes, you can make this in advance and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I have an easy Keto Lemon Curd recipe you can use, but you can also use a store-bought sugar-free lemon curd if you can find one. I could not find one in the stores in my area.
Yes, you can double the recipe to make four desserts.
Printable Recipe Card Below
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Easy Keto Lemon Cream Fool
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup low carb granular sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar-free keto lemon curd divided
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with an electric hand mixer, add heavy whipping cream. Beat on high until firm peaks form, and when you lift the beater, the cream sticks and does not fall off (can take 4 to 6 minutes).
- Add vanilla and turn the mixer to medium, and slowly add granulated sweetener a little at a time until blended and the whipped cream is thicker like a frosting. Turn off the mixer.
- Add 3 tbsps of the lemon curd and gently fold into the whipped cream mixture.
- In 2 dessert glasses or shot glasses add 1 tablespoon of the remaining lemon curd to the bottom of the glass.
- Add 2 tablespoon of whipped lemon mixture on top of the lemon curd layer.
- Repeat layers of lemon curd and whipped cream until both lemon curd and whipped cream are used. Serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
Related Posts Across the Web:
just wondering: why granulated and not powdered sweetener?
Shelly, you can use powdered or granulated sweetener in the cream part of the recipe.
Just tried this, absolutely epic! Can’t believe you can get such sophistication from such few and easy ingredients, really really worth it! The cream whipped up to thick to to quick allow sweetener to dissolve so was granular, but will know for next time!
Thank you, Naomi, for trying the recipe & for you're kind words.
I would much rather have this than a piece of pie! No pesky crust, which usually doesn't taste like much, anyway. This looks like the perfect easy dessert!
LOVE LOVE LOVE that big lemon taste! a favorite
Love lemon desserts and this looks amazing!
So good! Creamy, zesty and delicious! It's like eating a special treat!
I've never heard of a fool before, but this is definitely my kinda treat! Creamy, lemony, and just so wonderful.
So delicious and special. I don't know what it is about lemon, but it's right up there with chocolate for satisfying desserts! What a great way to make an easy dessert, too. We love your lemon curd recipe, and now have one more way to enjoy it! 🙂
Thank you, Megan 🙂