Keto Lemon Supreme Tarts are so sweet, tart, creamy, and refreshing with a buttery tart crust, a sweet whipped cream cheese layer, and a tangy sugar-free lemon curd layer.
These Keto Lemon Supreme Tarts are a delicious low carb version and a family favorite pie recipe. Watch the recipe video for this recipe.
When I was a teenager, my family & I would occasionally go to a restaurant called “Baker’s Square” (I don’t think the restaurant exists anymore). But they were famous for their pies.
The lemon supreme pie was my absolute favorite, and during the holidays, I would bake my own version of it.
The pie consisted of: a pie crust, a sweet whipped cream cheese layer, a tangy lemon curd layer, and a dollop of whipped cream.
I decided to make a keto tart version of the pie using my sugar-free lemon curd recipe.
Since I know I have a weakness for lemon desserts, I thought that a tart recipe would keep the portions in control for me, since I seem to be able to slice a pie using rather large-sized slices.
I used my Easy Keto Sugar Free Lemon Curd in this recipe.
Common Questions About the Recipe
I made my own homemade easy keto sugar-free lemon curd and it works perfectly in this recipe. There are store-bought brands, but we don’t have many store choices where I live, so I could not find one.
Yes, you can beat with a hand mixer; heavy whipping cream and low carb sweetener, to taste, until peaks form. It is super easy to make and only just the amount you need.
Yes you can, but you will need to double the amount of cream cheese layer ingredients and the lemon curd amount. The pie crust amount should be the same, and the baking time would be the same as well.
Printable Recipe Card Below
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Lemon Supreme Tarts
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup low carb granular sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ tablespoon butter melted
- 1 large egg
Cream Cheese Layer
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup low carb confectioners sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
Lemon Curd Layer
- ¾ cup Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉ (176℃) and grease or spray oil a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine all the tart crust ingredients. Mix until a dough forms.
- Use your hands to divide and form 12 balls with the dough. Place a dough ball into each muffin cup.
- Using a shot glass sprayed with non-stick oil spray on the glass bottom or can use your hands, press down the dough balls into muffin cups.
- Turn glass and gently lift to form a tart crust or use hands to press the dough down and around the sides.
- Use a fork to carefully poke a hole in each tart crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, beat all the cream cheese layer ingredients until creamy.
- Add 2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture to each tart crust.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar-free lemon curd to each tart.
- Refrigerate tarts 20 minutes or longer until cool and set.
- Use a knife between the outer crust and muffin cups to slide around and gently lift tart from the pan. Garnish with sugar-free whipped cream and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
Related Posts from Across the Web:
Have you ever tried silicone muffin cups for this recipe (keto lemon supreme tart)instead of cooking spray?
Yes, you can use silicone muffin tray or liner cups.
Has anyone made the crusts a couple days in advance? I'd love to do this step early but not if they don't "keep their freshness".
I made these today, tasty….. can you freeze these?
I have not tried freezing these tarts because most cream pies I've tried to freeze in the past did not keep the same texture once defrosted.
I froze the tarts with just the cream cheese and lemon curd fillings - success! Just waited for them to defrost naturally in the fridge. A good recipe I have made them again using a coconut flour pastry. So far so good.
Thanks, Empie, for sharing your get tips for freezing the tarts!
Did you use a regular muffin pan or a mini one? I'm after making these mini!
I used a regular size muffin pan.
Delicious! Relatively easy too! I’m just starting keto and the thought of no more actual goodies was making me blue, but this tastes like it’s right out if a French patisserie! Easy and pretty quick to make… I also enjoyed a little taste of the raw dough if the crust:) I feel like the incredible lemon curd is gonna be a staple for us and the shortbread recipe as well because you could use it in so many ways! Thank you for such a fabulous recipe!
Thank you for trying the recipe, Megan, and for your very kind words.
Oh my gosh! 😉 That cream cheese layer + the lemon curd, these are out of this world. Love the video too, thank you!! We love this recipe!
I love cute little desserts like this. These are adorable and taste amazing!
So amazing! Such a perfect little one-bite treat filled with low-carb lemony yumminess! Love little desserts like this, I have a sweet tooth and always want to end a meal with dessert . . but sometimes am quite full!
Such a delicious and wonderful treat! I love lemon desserts and this one is amazing!
These tarts are so delicious! Every bite is full of lemon and that yummy cream cheese!
These tarts are divine! So quick & easy to make and every bite is full of delicious lemony goodness!