These amazing, yummy, Keto Pumpkin Cheese Danish Turnovers are so quick and simple to make.
These turnovers are super low in carbs and have only 1g net carbs per turnover, so you can definitely have more than one if you desire without feeling guilty.
Super quick & easy to make, these treats are made and ready to eat in only 10 minutes!
Cheese shell turnovers with a sweet and creamy pumpkin cream cheese filling and sprinkled with low carb powdered sweetener & cinnamon.
Perfect for a sweet snack or a quick & easy Fall appetizer that your guest will love!
Common Questions About the Recipe
No, fresh mozzarella will not work in the recipe, as it is too soft. I recommend the sliced mozzarella that is solid, or Jack cheese for the best results. I tried some other kinds of cheeses that did not work out.
I recommend full-fat cream cheese to keep the carbs low and the fat content high for keto diets. If you’re not on a low carb diet, then you could.
Pumpkin puree is unsweetened and contains just pumpkin. Pumpkin pie mix contains sugar and spices. If you are on a keto diet then it is important to use pumpkin puree.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Pumpkin Cheese Danish Turnovers
- 6 Mozzarella Cheese Slices square or round (not the fresh kind), or Monterey Jack cheese slices
- ⅓ cup full-fat Cream Cheese softened
- ½ tablespoon Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoon Low Carb Powdered Confectioner’s Sweetener divided
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Puree not sweetened pumpkin pie mix
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375℉ (190℃) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer with a mixing bowl to mix: cream cheese, heavy cream, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, pumpkin spice, and 2 tablespoon of the powdered sweetener. Mix until combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Arrange cheese slices on parchment paper and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the edges of cheese start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes (leaving the oven on) just enough to let the cheese get somewhat firm enough to fold, but not too hard.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese pumpkin mixture to the middle of a corner of each cheese slice.
- Fold cheese over making a half-circle or triangle shape (depending on cheese slice shape) and gently press the outer edges with hands to close.
- Return the baking sheet with the turnovers back into the 375℉ (190℃) oven and bake for 2 minutes more, just to warm the filling in the center and seal the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two.
- Gently blot turnovers with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Sprinkle the turnovers with the 1 tablespoon remaining powdered sweetener.
- Lightly sprinkle the turnovers with cinnamon & serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: