Instant Pot Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Soup is a warm, comforting, flavorful, keto, paleo, & whole30 soup that is rich and satisfying.
This post is sponsored by: Kevin's Natural Foods.
Instant Pot Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Soup is a quick & easy, creamy, delicious, keto, paleo & Whole30, Instant Pot soup recipe with clean ingredients.
It is very simple to make this creamy soup in the Instant Pot, which derives its delicious flavor from using the tasty, prepared Tomatillo Taco Sauce packet from Kevin’s Natural Foods.
I use Kevin’s pre-made Heat & Eat Cauliflower Rice Side in this recipe to keep the preparation as simple as can be.
Kevin’s Tomatillo Taco Sauce is great for easily making healthy, Keto, Paleo & Whole30 tacos, soups, and as a delicious marinade for meats & seafood.
Only natural and clean ingredients are in their sauces and pre-made entrees and sides.
The products at Kevin’s Natural Foods are Paleo-Certified, Keto-Certified, Certified-Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, and Preservative-Free.
Check out & follow Kevin’s Natural Foods on social media, & discover all their tasty healthy, clean eating products.
Tomatillos, although related to the tomato family, are not the same fruit as the green tomato.
They are similar looking but from an entirely different plant.
They look similar to green tomatoes, but tomatillos have an outer husk and contain a few more calories, fat, and protein, but also contain extra fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins.
Health Benefits of Tomatillos:
- Tomatillos are low in calories.
- Tomatillos have been found to have antibacterial and anti-cancer properties.
- Tomatillos contain small amounts of antioxidants and vitamins.
- Tomatillos are also a good source of minerals like copper, iron, phosphorous, and manganese.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Instant Pot Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Soup
- Immersion Blender
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- ¼ cup diced Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1.5 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 7 oz one package Kevin’s Tomatillo Taco Sauce or any green salsa, like Herdez or homemade
- 4 oz can of Organic Fire-Roasted Diced Green Chilies Mild
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
- ½ cup unsweetened full-fat canned Coconut Milk
- 1 Avocado sliced * garnish
- 2 tablespoon chopped Cilantro * garnish
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream or Paleo Sour Cream * optional garnish
- Select and press the Saute button twice (on the Normal setting) and add the avocado oil to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Once the pot is hot add diced yellow onion and minced garlic and saute for about two minutes until onions are softened.
- Press Cancel (to turn off) on the Instant Pot. Add chicken broth, salt, cumin, tomatillo taco sauce, canned green chilies, lime juice, cauliflower rice, and the chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- Close, lock the lid, and flip the pressure release valve to Sealed.
- Select and press the Pressure Cook button once on the High-Pressure (Normal) setting (or Manual on some models). Press the + button to set the cooking time for 12 minutes.
- Once cooking time is done, carefully Quick Release all the pressure. Open the lid and using a slotted spoon or tongs to remove only the chicken from the Instant Pot and place chicken on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk to the remaining ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir.
- Using an Immersion blender, blend the soup in the Instant pot into a creamy texture. Press the Saute button once for the Less setting (the lowest saute setting) and simmer uncovered.
- While the soup is simmering, Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Once the chicken is shredded, add it to the Instant Pot & stir. Simmer for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with optional avocado, cilantro, and sour cream (or dairy-free paleo sour cream) and serve.