Easy Paleo Chimichurri Bacon Chicken is keto, low carb, paleo, whole30 and so simple to prepare.
I love this Easy Paleo Chimichurri Bacon Chicken recipe because it is so easy make and very flavorful.
You have probably had a similar sauce on beef or steak before. But this version is amazing on chicken and the bacon is a great flavor add-in that is optional.
You can use frozen chicken in this recipe as well. I used chicken thighs but you could use chicken breasts too.
My kids love it even though it is green-colored. If you like spicy, you can always add some extra red pepper flakes. I gave a choice of oils as I know some people do not cook with olive oil.
This recipe is baked, not fried at extremely high temperatures. The sauce is also a great sandwich spread if you have leftover sauce.
Ingredients for shopping
- Chicken Thighs, boneless
- Flat-Leaf Italian Parsley
- Cloves Garlic
- Dried Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
See Recipe Card for Ingredient Amounts
Preheat the oven to 400 F, and lightly grease a large casserole dish.
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for the chicken thighs, and bacon. Process until a nice green sauce forms.
Add chopped bacon to the sauce and pulse lightly.
Pour a third of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish, and spread it evenly around.
Place chicken thighs on top of the sauce.
Pour the remainder of the sauce over the chicken. Cover the dish with an oven-safe lid or aluminum foil.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (or until chickens cooked in the thickest part), removing the cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking time to brown.
Remove from oven and serve.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Easy Paleo Chimichurri Bacon Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs or Breasts skinless
- 1 cup packed Flat Leaf Italian Parsley remove large stems
- 4 -5 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes optional
- 4 slices Bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- ⅔ cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped, optional
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for the chicken thighs and bacon. Process until a nice green sauce forms.
- Add chopped bacon to sauce and lightly pulse.
- Pour a ⅓ of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish, and spread around.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the sauce.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the chicken. Cover dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes carefully removing the cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking time to brown. Cook longer if the chicken is frozen (40 to 45 minutes) or until the chicken is cooked through the thickest part.
- Remove from oven, garnish, serve & enjoy.
Love your recipes..been helping with controlling my sugar and losing weight. ..thank you
Rosemary, I am so pleased andt hrilled to hear that. Thank you for taking the time to let me know 🙂
Stacey, I really like this recipe for Chimichurri sauce. Thank you! I can't have too much vinegar...this is perfect for us. Bookmarked! 🙂
Thank you so much! I'm such a fan of your blog, recipes and books! Low Carb eating has changed my life, and I would have had no idea how to eat this way if it was not for you and your team. 🙂