French Apple Pie Bread
French Apple Pie Bread is grain-free, gluten-free, and paleo with a low carb version.
I am so delighted with this French Apple Pie Bread recipe! I love french apple pie with its sweet cinnamon crumbles and apples.
But the amount of apples in a pie is just not low carb, and baking a pie from scratch is so much work.
So I thought making a grain-free bread loaf with just a thin layer of apple slices and a crumble topping.
That way I get french apple pie flavor in an easy low carb and paleo bread recipe.
I made this and ate a slice of this for breakfast every morning.
When it was gone, I was sad, so I made another loaf. This one is a keeper!
* For Recipe, Directions, and Printable Recipe Card, scroll towards the bottom of the post.
Another yummy low-carb dessert bread to try is my Keto Pumpkin Streusel Bread!
Click Here To Pin It To Pinterest
Printable Recipe Card Below
French Apple Pie Bread
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup sweetener of choice: ⅓ cup coconut sugar for paleo or ⅓ cup erythritol granular for low carb (sugar free), I used Swerve brand.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder here is a corn free brand
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ apple medium sized thinly sliced
- CRUMBLE TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 2 tablespoon almond flour or meal or ground pecans
- 2 tablespoon sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo or 2 tablespoon erythritol for low carb, like this one.
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and grease or oil an 8 x 4 inch or 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan (medium size).
- In a large mixing bowl combine: coconut flour, almond flour, granular sweetener of choice, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl combine: eggs, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, unsweetened applesauce, butter, and vanilla extract. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add wet egg mixture to dry coconut flour mixture and stir together thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan and spread around evenly.
- Take the apple slices and layer them across top of the batter in the loaf pan * see photo above.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all the crumble topping ingredients and mix together until a pasty meal forms.
- Spoon or sprinkle clumps of crumble topping mixture all over the top of the sliced apples in the loaf pan *see photo above.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out of center clean. Remove, cool and enjoy.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
RELATED POSTS FROM AROUND THE WEB:
22 Low Carb Apple Recipes To Die For
15 Healthy Benefits of Eating Apples
Low Carb Apple Cider Donut Recipe
I just made the plain cake without the apple slices and topping and love it. Such a nice texture and easy to make. Thank you!!!
Thank you, Monica, for trying the recipe and sharing your tips. It would be sort of like a coffee cake bread the way you made it! 🙂 I like it.
Looks like a great recipe. I have been craving something sweet. I will be putting this on my list to make as soon as I can get out to get some Almond flour. I like the addition of the pecans to add even more flavor. I use Date paste in all my recipes. I have found that it’s more concentrated than sugar so I can use less and definitely a better Paleo choice for most recipes. Thank you for the recipe
Hi there, am baking this for a cooking club meet-up which is this weekend.. I would like to know what kind of apples do we use?
Hi Hema, I used a Fuji apple, but you can use red delicious, macintosh, or honey crisp apples.
I made this yesterday and it was sooo great!!! A+! Completely guilt-free and the measurements are spot-on. It's definitely going in my book of faves 🙂 Thanks!
ps. I used xylitol as the sweetener and I also used a mashed banana instead of the apple sauce because I didn't have any and it still turned out lovely 🙂
Thank you so very much, Elina, for trying the recipe and your very kind words and for sharing your creative, but perfect substitutions.
Hello! This recipe looks so very delicious and I'd love to make it for Thanksgiving with our family. Do you think I could dice the apples and put them inside the batter with just the crumble on the top?
Yes, Tracy, that would work as well 🙂 Thank you
This apple loaf is amazing - made it last night and as someone else said, my whole house smelled wonderful. I omitted half of the applesauce and replaced with butter for a lower carb version and it turned out fantastic. The whole family loves it. Thank you!
Thank you, Lisa, using the butter as a substitute is a great idea! Brilliant!
Just made it tonight and whole house smells amazing - plus it's delicious! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much, Toni, for trying the recipe and taking the time comment. 🙂
Looks wonderful! I may try it as muffins to make it easier for freezing purposes. Love your recipes, thank you
Thank you so much, Kitty. I appreciate your kindness 🙂
Follow up: My non LC hubby LOVES this bread! He and I are both diabetics but he refuses to go "full on low carb" (his words). Any time I can find a LC recipe that he really enjoys is a win!
Thank you so much, Kitty. I'm so thrilled your hubby likes it!
This looks so good & yummly!, can you use other fruit?.
Hi Kelly, Thank you & yes i believe you could do blueberries or other berries perhaps 🙂
Sara @ Life's Little Sweets
Wow, this bread looks marvelous! I am a huge bread fan, pinning this to my apple desserts recipes board, thank you for sharing!
Thank you Sara, so nice of you to stop by and comment. The apple bread is one of my favorites 🙂
Just enjoyed a piece of this wonderful bread/cake. Thank you for the recipe. I had mine with some whipped cream. I added some walnuts to the bread. It was a real treat!!!
Dorothy, thank you for trying the recipe and taking the time to leave a nice comment. Whipped cream and walnuts is a great addition. 🙂
Wow I love this! Just made a loaf. I'm in the UK so I've had a few slices for breakfast.
I can't work out whether it's more cake or bread. Do you think it would toast?
Julie, thank you for trying the recipe and your kind words! I think it is a bread / cake hybrid 🙂 I have not tried toasting it, but it might work out in a toaster oven.
Made this and it's brilliant. So good that everyone who has tried it has asked for the recipe link which I've happily sent them. I've struggled to find decent Paleo-style cakes etc as most turn out dry and unappealing. This is one that will definitely make it into the regular cooking file. There's very few in there but this has just gone to the top of the pile! I'm excited to try variations of this too...
Awe thanks Suse, I am thrilled that you are enjoying it. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe 🙂 I think it is the apple sauce that makes it moist.
Thanks for the great recipe! I made this bread today and my whole family loved it! I've been on the Wheat Belly Diet for three months and am always searching for good recipes, as I love to bake! This is one of the best bread/cake recipes I've found to date.
Rain, I'm so happy and pleased to hear that. I love baking too, and it has been a challenge making everything Gluten free.
Just made this for the first time tonight and made two loaves. I couldn't wait for them to so cut a slice off one while still warm. I think I dies and went to heaven! This is soo good. This is the first low carb thing I have baked and am so glad I did and that I went ahead and doubles it. Thank you so much for this recipe.
Jeannette, thank you for making the recipe and taking the time to leave a very kind and lovely comment. It really made my day 🙂
Real Food with Dana
I love french apple pie too! I haven't been able to eat it in so long though, since I found out I was severely gluten intolerant. This reminds me of the german apple streusel bread I used to eat almost every morning as a kid. Great recipe!!
Awe thanks Dana, your very kind! I almost named it Streusel bread.
what do you serve with the bread?
MM, It is a treat bread (sort of like banana bread is). I don't think you need to serve anything with it, as I eat this with a fork like coffee cake.
This bread sounds amazing. I'll try it. Thank you Stacy.
Joe, thank you for your kind words. I hope you like it as much as I do 🙂
This looks Delicious, definitely will be trying this after I get more almond flour!
Thank you Tracey. I think you will love it!