Grain Free Sandwich Bread garlic or plain, is a grain free, low carb, garlic flat bread. It can easily be plain sandwich bread too. The garlic can be omitted for a plain sandwich bread. I would recommend baking this in the oven, as it turns out a little better. But, it can be made in a microwave as well. The only advantage is that in the microwave it seems to stick to the glass loaf pan less. It can easily be removed from the oven pan if you’re careful.
- GARLIC OR PLAIN SANDWICH BREAD:
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic minced, omit if making plain bread.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Milk of choice ( coconut milk almond milk, raw diary milk)
- 2 Tbsp Flax Meal ( or if you can't have flax then sub with 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour)
- Pinch Sea Salt *optional
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder omit if making plain bread.
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat Oven to 400 F.
- Put Coconut oil (or butter) in a loaf pan, then put 1 clove minced garlic in loaf pan, or omit garlic if making plain bread.
- Put loaf pan into preheating oven for a couple minutes to melt oil or butter.
- Take loaf pan with oil-garlic out of oven, set aside.
- Mix in a bowl: Egg, Milk of choice, Flax Meal or (Coconut Flour option), Sea Salt, and Garlic Powder.
- In a separate pinch bowl mix: baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir baking soda, vinegar mixture ( it will be fizzy).
- Pour baking soda, vinegar mixture into flax, egg mixture bowl.
- Whisk all together.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and swirl into oil and garlic with a spoon.
- Put loaf pan in oven and bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or can microwave for 1:30 to 2 minutes.
- Let cool a couple minutes, and take a knife and loosen around the edges of bread.
- Use a spatula to cut across the center of pan, then slide spatula slowly under bread and lift (pictured above).
- Bread can be pan toasted or toasted in toaster oven (do not use a regular toaster).
- Enjoy 🙂
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 2, Amount ,per serving: 1 slice, Calories: 130, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 3 g/ Net Carbs: 1 g, Sugar: 0 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 5 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*