Grain Free Stuffed Pizza Bread is primal and low carb with paleo options. I love pizza, and spent many years avoiding it because I was always on a low-fat diet.
Then I spent a few years avoiding it, because of the gluten and high carb count. So, this is why I keep making so many grain free, low carb pizza recipe options.
This recipe is a marriage of pizza and pizza bread sticks. These are great as mini sandwiches or appetizers, or an anytime pizza snack.
You can vary the filling ingredients as well, depending on what you like on your pizza. I made my own pizza sauce, so I could avoid extra carbs and unhealthy ingredients. But, if you have a store bought pizza sauce that has ingredients that are safe, then you could also use that option if you prefer.
Grain Free Stuffed Pizza Bread
- Italian Bread
- 3 tbsp coconut flour sifted, where to buy it
- 1 tbsp golden flax meal
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 1/2 tbsp unsweetened plain almond milk or heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl, or replace with 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasonings
- Homemade Pizza Sauce and Pizza Filling
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or puree make sure ingredients are just tomatoes
- ¼ tsp ground oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasonings
- 12 slices pepperoni or nitrate free salami
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese * optional can omit if dairy free
- ½ tbsp Parmesan * optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease or oil an 8.5x4.5 inch (standard size) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all Italian bread ingredients: 3 tbsp sifted coconut flour, 1 tbsp golden flax meal, 3 eggs beaten, 3 1/2 tbsp unsweetened plain almond milk or heavy cream, 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted, 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, mixed in a separate pinch bowl or 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp Italian seasonings. Mix together thoroughly, breaking up any clumps and scraping the sides.
- Pour or spoon half of Italian bread batter mixture into loaf pan and set aside mixing bowl with other half of batter.
- Bake the batter in loaf pan for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While batter is baking, you can make the homemade pizza sauce (can use a store bought one, just be careful of ones containing ingredients like sugar).
- In a medium size bowl combine the pizza sauce ingredients: 1/3 cup tomato sauce or puree (make sure ingredients are just tomatoes), ¼ tsp ground oregano,1/4 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp Italian seasonings. Stir together thoroughly and set aside.
- Remove the baked bread dough from oven and cool for a few minutes until safe to touch.
- Spread pizza sauce onto the top of the baked bread dough.
- Layer pepperoni or salami on top of sauce.
- Layer ½ of grated mozzarella cheese on top of pepperoni.
- Pour and spread other half of bread dough on top on pepperoni and cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with optional parmesan.
- Return loaf pan to oven and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until center of bread is firm.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle the top of loaf with remaining grated cheese, and cool.
- Slice and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Nutrition Facts: Yield:8, Serving size: 1 slice of 8 slices, Calories: 104, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrates: 3.6 g / Net Carbs: 2.4 g, Sugar: 1 g, Fiber: 1.2 g, Protein: 5 g,