Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bites are crust free, easy to make, primal and low carb. These mini cheesecakes require no baking at all, and would be great on a hot day. They are a really simple treat to prepare and put in fridge until it sets. If you don’t enjoy lemon, then it is very easy to make it a vanilla raspberry or strawberry cheesecake bite instead. Just leave out the lemon juice and lemon extract and add another ½ tsp vanilla extract.
You could also create different flavors by using different fruit jams. Just make sure, if you’re on a low carb diet, to check the carb count on the jam, as some fruits are higher in carbs than others. Usually the berries are the lowest (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries). Also try to buy a brand of jam that is unsweetened or sugar free. If you’re primal, then a homemade jam would work as well.
I used the non stick baking cups in a medium sized muffin pan.
Here is where I bought the non stick baking cups
OTHER KITCHEN TOOLS:
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Large metal or ceramic mixing bowl
- Medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl
- Lemon squeezer * optional
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (2 @ 8 ounce packages)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp GF lemon extract
- ½ tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp envelope unflavored unsweetened gelatin
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Sweetener of choice: for low carb version use ½ erythritol or for primal version use 1/2 cup coconut sugar (coconut sugar will produce a more beige colored cheesecake)
- 3 1/2 tbsp unsweetened or sugar free raspberry or strawberry jam or for primal use homemade jam, homemade jam recipe here.
- Soften cream cheese a little by putting both packs of cream cheese on a safe dish or plate in the oven or microwave. Then heat in microwave for 15 seconds, or heat in oven at 300 F for 1 minute or until soft.*Do not melt.*
Add to large mixing bowl: 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon extract, ½ tsp vanilla extract. Beat with electric mixer on medium for about a couple minutes or until creamy and mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium size glass or ceramic mixing bowl combine: ½ cup sweetener of choice and 1 envelope gelatin. Stir together.
- Bring water to a boil in a pan or a tea pot. Pour a ¾ cup of boiling water into a glass measuring cup.
- Add ¾ cup boiling water to sweetener and gelatin mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly add a little of the water gelatin mixture at a time to the cream cheese mixture and beat in with electric mixer on medium. Continue to add more and mix in.
- Once gelatin mixture is completely added and mixed into cream cheese mixture, add 3 ½ tbsp. raspberry or strawberry jam to the cream cheese gelatin mixture and lightly beat in with electric mixer on low for only a few seconds. *Don’t beat in thoroughly, lightly swirled is good.*
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture into 12 silicone muffin cups that are lining a muffin pan, or spoon all of mixture into a greased spring form pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, then freeze for 20 to 30 minutes (this helps for easier removal of the cheesecake bites from the cups) * don’t leave in freezer longer as you don’t want them frozen.
- Remove from silicone cups by slowly peeling back the baking cups until the baking cup is inside out. If using a spring form pan, then just remove the outer pan sides and slice and serve.
- Store unused portions in the fridge, and can always freeze a little before serving again.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version (using erythritol sweetener (Swerve) and Natures Hollow Sugar Free Jam : Servings: 12 cheesecake mini , Serving: 1 mini cheesecake, Cal: 123, Carbs: 2.7 g / Net Carbs: 2.7 g, Fiber: 0 g, Fat: 11.5 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 0 g
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*