Garlic Cashew Crusted Pork Chops are a primal, paleo, keto, low-carb version of “shake and bake” breaded and baked pork chops.
Except these are grain free and taste even better. I have been experimenting with cashew meals and sunflower meals.
I have been experimenting with cashew meals and sunflower meals lately in the kitchen.
Surprised to find out that this combination of nut and seed meals makes the best pork chop breading I have ever had.
My husband said that these pork chops were better than the ones I used to make with the shake-and-bake breading.
He is really particular about pork chops, as they are his childhood favorite. We both grew up with those shake-and-bake pork chops.
We have these garlic cashew-crusted pork chops at least once a week now, and I always serve them with a spinach salad.
My hubby has to always have spinach with his pork chops. He says they go together and can’t be served apart. I call his quirky food rules that don’t make sense “food OCD.”
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Garlic Cashew Crusted Pork Chops
- 5 medium-size pork chops boneless
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup cashew meal or almond flour you can grind up raw cashews into a powdered meal using a magic bullet type blender.
- ⅓ cup ground sunflower seeds, or can use ⅓ cup almond flour (grind up raw shelled sunflower seeds into a powdered meal)
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese * optional can omit if dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and generously grease or oil a large baking dish.
- In a processor or magic bullet type blender, grind up cashews until powdered meal forms (if you can’t find cashew meal). Put ground cashews or almond flour in a bowl and set aside.
- In processor or magic bullet type blender grind the sunflower seeds until powdered meal forms. Add ground sunflower seeds to the cashew meal in bowl.
- Combine with the cashew and sunflower meal: 2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper and 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese * optional. Mix together thoroughly.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl beat 2 eggs.
- Dip a pork chop in beaten eggs and place in the cashew breading bowl, and coat pork chop in cashew breading. Flip chop over and coat the other side. Once coated, place in prepared baking dish. Repeat with each pork chop.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness of pork chop. Half way through cooking time flip the pork chops over then continue baking for remaining time.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- All Nutritional Data are Estimates Based on the Products I Used*
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 medium pork chop out of 5 servings, Calories: 240, Fat: 16 g, Carbohydrates: 5g / Net Carbs: 3.6g, Sugar: 1g, Fiber: 1.4g, Protein: 18g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*