Keto Air Fryer Salmon is a quick and simple-to-make, low-carb, paleo, whole30 meal that can be cooked in the air fryer or in the oven.
Air fried salmon with a brush of a savory seasoned oil is a quick and easy entree that you can serve with a side of any low-carb vegetable.
This was inspired by my other air fryer recipes on this site, and pairs well with this amazing side dish recipe.
Besides being low carb and high in healthy fats, salmon also has many other health benefits.
Salmon is high in omega 3 fatty acids, a great source of protein and contains vitamin D, B12, B3, Zinc, Tryptophan, Glutamine, and antioxidants.
It is best to try to find wild-caught salmon if possible as farmed salmon can contain more contaminants than wild-caught salmon.
- Salmon Fillets, boneless
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Thyme Leaves (optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
Mix all ingredients except for the salmon in a small bowl to make a seasoning oil.
Using a brush or your fingers, spread the seasoning sauce all over the fish fillets.
Carefully place fillets into the air fryer basket, or on a baking sheet if using the oven.
Cook in the air fryer or preheated oven at 400℉ (200℃) for 10 minutes (less or more time depending on size and thickness of fillets).
Remove carefully with the help of a spatula and serve.
I used an Air Fryer for this recipe but you can also make this recipe in the oven.
Store the cooked salmon in a covered container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 @4 ounce Salmon Fillets, boneless
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves optional
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except for the salmon in a small bowl to make a seasoning oil.
- Using a brush or your fingers, spread the seasoning sauce all over the fish fillets.
- Carefully place fillets into the air fryer basket, or on a baking sheet if using the oven.
- Cook in the air fryer or preheated oven at 400℉ (200℃) for 10 minutes (less or more time depending on size and thickness of fillets).
- Remove carefully with the help of a spatula and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes you may also enjoy
- Cook salmon to a minimum temperature of 145 °F (68.2 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
I would like to know how to make this happen with a keto maple glaze
This is so good! Definitely sharing it with my friends with air fryers.
I LOVE the idea of this seasoning oil! Definitely going to try it.
This salmon is absolutely divine! Flaky and tender inside, just the perfect amount of crust on the outside, seasoned just right and so quick to make! Restaurant quality at home!
I loved the spice blend in this! I had all of them on hand and it was a hit with my kids too!
This is my favorite Air fryer recipe, I serve it with a side of Fried Cauli rice.
Thank you, Gale, for trying the recipe and for your kind words.