Keto Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies are soft lemony cookies with a sweet lemon citrus glaze.
Low-carb, gluten-free lemon cookies make the perfect snack when paired with your cup of tea or coffee.
My son and I made these for his online high school cooking class.
Every week since his school shut down for the quarantine, he has been required to make a recipe for his online class, take photos, and turn them in online.
These turned out so good, and even my hubby was an instant fan.
If you've followed me long enough, then you know how much I am slightly obsessed with lemon desserts and treat recipes.
Like this yummy & ever-popular lemon skillet cake recipe.⇓
These keto lemon cream cheese cookies are definitely a must-make recipe!
Thick & soft textured cookies with a lovely sweet and lemony glaze.
Common Recipe Questions & Answers:
Do I need to use the low-carb powdered sweetener for the cookies, or can I use granular?
I find that in these cookies, the powdered sweetener mixes into the dough the best.
But if you only have granular sweetener, then you can use a blender of the processor to grind the granulated sweetener into a powder.
Can I substitute granular sweetener for powdered sweetener in the lemon icing?
No, you must use the powdered confectioner's sweetener for the icing; otherwise, it won't have the right texture and consistency.
But if you only have granular sweetener, then you can use a blender or food processor to grind the granulated sweetener into a fine powder.
Can I skip the step where I refrigerate or freeze the dough?
Don't skip this step as this cookie dough can spread a lot during baking. This step plus plenty of space (2 inches) between cookies helps keep the cookies from all running together on the baking sheet.
How Do I store these cookies?
You can store these in a covered container in the fridge for up to 12 days.
Printable Recipe Card:
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
- ¼ cup powdered low-carb sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until combined and smooth.
- Add in the ½ cup powdered sweetener and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until smooth & fluffy.
- Add in the egg, lemon extract, 2 teaspoon lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the almond flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, or can also cover & freeze the dough for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177℃) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and use a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Roll each portion into a ball and place onto the baking sheet at least 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown. Remove cookies from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before moving them.
- While cookies are cooling, In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all the lemon icing ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and brush or drizzle the tops of the cookies with the lemon icing. Serve & enjoy. These can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to 12 days.