Keto Muddy Buddy Snowballs are a quick and easy, no-bake, insanely yummy, low carb, and paleo treat.
A keto and paleo version of muddy buddies or puppy chow rolled into a ball and coated in low-carb powdered sweetener.
These festive snowballs taste absolutely delicious and are only 1g net carb per ball. No baking or hot appliances are involved, so even the little ones can help make these.
This was inspired by my Pumpkin Snowball Cookie recipe on this site.
I was also inspired by the traditional (not low carb) Muddy Buddy Chex mix recipe by Chex Cereal.
These snowballs are gluten-free but don’t use any high-carb cereals like the traditional muddy buddy mixes.
I use crushed pork rinds in place of the cereal to give the muddy buddy snowballs the crunch without the carbs.
Please do not fret, as they do not taste like pork at all, lol.
Ingredients for shopping list
- Pork Rinds, plain unflavored & crushed into powder
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- Low Carb Powdered Confectioners Erythritol Sweetener
- Peanut Butter or Almond Butter, unsweetened
- Vanilla Extract
See recipe card for quantities.
Hint: I heated up the peanut or almond butter in the microwave for 15 seconds just to make mixing a little easier. I used a one tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to make rolling the dough into balls easier and to get the portion sizes similar.
- Peanut Butter - instead of peanut butter, you can use almond butter or sunflower seed butter for a paleo option.
- Cocoa Powder- You can also use cacoa powder in placce of cocoa powder.
Store leftover muddy buddy snowballs in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keto Muddy Buddy Snowballs
- 1 ½ Cups Pork Rinds plain unflavored & crushed into powder
- ⅓ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup low carb Powdered Confectioners Erythritol Sweetener
- 1 Cups Peanut Butter or Almond Butter unsweetened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Low Carb Powdered Erythritol Sweetener
- Place pork rinds between sheets of parchment paper or in a zippered freezer bag and use a mallet or a rolling pin to smash and crush the pork rinds into crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 ½ cups smashed pork rinds,⅓ cup almond flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, and ¼ cup powdered sweetener.
- Use a whisk to mix until combined.
- Add 1 cup peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the mixture and use a larger spoon to combine until a gritty dough forms.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a baking sheet. Use a cookie scoop to form a ball and roll between hands to make a smooth ball. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat.
- Place the baking sheet with the balls into the freezer or the fridge for 20 minutes until firm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of low-carb powdered sweetener to a small bowl and roll each ball into powdered sweetener to coat. Serve. Store leftover muddy buddy snowballs in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week.