Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies are keto, low carb, and paleo snowball cookies with pumpkin pie flavor.
I converted my mother’s Russian tea cake recipe into a grain-free, paleo, and low carb snowball cookie with pumpkin pie flavor.
I am really excited about the results as they tasted even better than I dreamed they would.
These are have he same texture as a Mexican wedding cake but have pumpkin pie spices.
Baked pumpkin pie cookies with a sweet cinnamon coating. Not as crumbly as a tea cake but not as soft as a pumpkin pie. My family loved the texture and taste.
These pumpkin snowball cookies were easy to make, bake, and roll in the sweet powdered coating.
If you like Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cakes, then you will love these cookies.
A most popular snowball cookie recipe that was featured in a major magazine.
This Recipe was Featured in Women's Day Magazine
Printable Recipe Card
Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ⅓ cup sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo or for low carb use erythritol granular
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon butter melted or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 2 tablespoon crushed walnut pieces *optional
- SNOW COATING:
- 2 ½ tablespoon Powdered sweetener of choice: grind up coconut sugar in blender or processor or for low carb use confectioners erythritol or grind up granular erythritol.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F°, and line or grease a cookie sheet. In a large mixing bowl combine: 1 ¼ cup almond flour, 1 tablespoon coconut flour, ⅓ cup sweetener of choice, ½ tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add to mixture: 3 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil, 1 egg yolk, and 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree. Mix together thoroughly. Add in optional walnut pieces and stir in.
- In a blender or processor, grind up the 2 ½ tablespoon sweetener of choice until it is powdered (unless using a low carb brand of confectioner’s sweetener). Put the powdered sweetener of choice into a small to medium size bowl and mix in the ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using hands or oiled or buttered hands to prevent sticking, roll a tablespoon size of pumpkin dough into balls and place on cookie sheet in rows. Bake cookie pie balls in oven for 22 to 26 minutes. Check at 22 minutes to see if browning slightly. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- While cookie pie balls are still warm, rolls lightly into the powdered sweetener and cinnamon mixture. Serve and enjoy. Store unused portions in container in the fridge.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*Nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used* Recommended Products: