Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels
Grain free, gluten free, low carb pumpkin bagels with paleo version. So good!
Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels are grain free, starch free, nut free, with dairy free and paleo options. A great way to enjoy the beginning of Fall with a healthy, low carb, pumpkin bagel. These were tasty served with butter, cream cheese or coconut butter.
I do recommend refrigerating them overnight before slicing in half and serving. It seems to make them more sturdy and even enhances the flavors. Since I didn't use any gums in the recipe, the refrigerating overnight really helps.
We did eat some before refrigerating and they were good, but a little more delicate, and a less intense flavor. You could, however, use a ½ teaspoon xanthan gum, if you tolerate it well. I didn't use it, as I don't always tolerate it well.
I was going to post this recipe earlier, but I just was not ready for it to be October yet. Now it's here, and I need to get organized, and ready for all the holidays. Which means a few pumpkin recipes, of course!
Where to buy the bagel pan: Bagel Pan
Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels
- ⅓ cup coconut flour sifted
- 3 tablespoon golden flax meal where to buy golden flax meal
- 3 eggs beaten.
- 2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil melted, where to buy coconut oil
- ¼ cup Milk of choice: ¼ unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (get organic gluten free kind like this one).
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice where to buy pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt.
- tablespoon Sweetener of choice:1 ½ honey or maple syrup 0r coconut sugar for paleo version or for low carb use 1 ½ tablespoon erythritol + 15 drops stevia liquid
- ½ teaspoon baking soda + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar mixed in separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- Kitchen tools:
- Bagel or donut pan where to buy the bagel pan
- 2 large mixing bowls.
- 1 pinch bowl . small bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil generously a bagel or donut pan.
- In large mixing bowl combine: sifted coconut flour, golden flax meal, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix together well. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine: eggs, pumpkin puree, milk of choice, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, and melted butter or coconut oil.
- Mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar together in pinch bowl. Add baking soda- apple cider vinegar mixture to egg mixture and stir together.
- Add egg mixture to coconut flour mixture. Stir thoroughly until batter in smooth
- Spoon Batter into pan forms and spread around with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Wipe the center, hole part of the form clean with a damp paper towel.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are browned and firm.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely before removing from pan. Using a butter knife in-between bagel and pan edges then slide around to loosen and lift out.
- Can be served whole, or turned up on its side and sliced in half, being careful not to apply too much pressure.*For a firmer texture, refrigerate overnight, then slice in half.* Can be pan toasted on each side (in a fry pan with a little butter or coconut oil & flipped over to brown both sides) or toast in a toaster oven.* Do not use a regular, pop-up toaster as it is a little delicate for that.*
- Serve with butter or cream cheese for low carb and primal, or serve with honey or coconut butter for paleo.
- Enjoy 🙂
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Recipes You May Enjoy: