I use this mask twice a week, and I really like how it is fading my age spots without irritating my delicate, sensitive skin. Also like that it is helping with my enlarged pore areas.
I make a single serve each time, because I’m not sure how well it will store in the fridge once mixed. But it is easy to whip up and I only use it twice a week. I just keep a carton of organic egg whites and a lemon in the fridge. Then I always seem to have honey and gelatin packets on hand.
You could make it without the gelatin. It will still dry and will rinse off easily. So many of the “store bought” spot fading products gave me a rash or break outs. So I needed to make something gentle but effective. It is a clear mask also, so you won’t scare the kids, either.
I mix it together and apply to my face and neck. Then I leave on for 10 to 20 minutes, or until it is dry. You will feel it tightening and pulling. Then I rinse with warm water. Then pat dry (never scrub).
You need not worry about salmonella, since the egg white in the carton are pasteurized. Which means they are safe to eat without being cooked. If you use a raw separated egg be careful not to get any in your mouth. It is easier and safer to use the carton variety though.
DIY Spot Diminishing Anti-Aging Face Mask
- ½ Tbsp organic 100 % egg whites (I buy the ones in the carton because they are safe to eat just in case you get some in your mouth). Lifts and firms’ skin, and tightens pores.
- ½ tsp lemon juice. Fades and diminishes age spots or dark marks
- ½ tsp raw honey. . Softens and soothes skin while purging bacteria
- ¼ tsp unflavored gelatin. *optional Contains collagen which has anti-aging and firming benefits
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small, pinch bowl.
- Apply to face and neck, while at a sink. It can be a little a little drippy.
- Let mask dry for 10 to 20 minutes. It is ready when the mask feels dry and your skin feels tight.
- Rinse off mask with warm water and face towel until mask is removed.
- Pat face dry with clean towel.