I use this mask twice a week, and I really like how it is fading my age spots without irritating my delicate, sensitive skin. Also, I like that it is helping with my enlarged pore areas.
I make a single serving each time because I’m unsure how well it will store in the fridge once mixed. But it is easy to whip up, and I only use it twice a week. I keep a carton of organic egg whites and a lemon in the fridge. Then I always seem to have honey and gelatin packets on hand.
You could make it without the gelatin. It will still dry and will rinse off easily. So many of the "store bought" spot fading products gave me a rash or breakouts. So I needed to make something gentle but effective. It is a clear mask also, so you won’t scare the kids, either.
I mix them together and apply them to my face and neck. Then I leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes or until it is dry. You will feel it tightening and pulling. Then I rinse with warm water. Then pat dry (never scrub).
You need not worry about salmonella since the egg white in the carton is pasteurized. Which means they are safe to eat without being cooked. If you use a raw, separated egg, be careful not to get any in your mouth. It is easier and safer to use the carton variety, though.
DIY Spot Diminishing Anti-Aging Face Mask
- ½ Tablespoon organic 100 % egg whites (I buy the ones in the carton because they are safe to eat just in case you get some in your mouth). Lifts and firms’ skin, and tightens pores.
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice. Fades and diminishes age spots or dark marks
- ½ teaspoon raw honey. . Softens and soothes skin while purging bacteria
- ¼ teaspoon unflavored gelatin. *optional Contains collagen which has anti-aging and firming benefits
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small, pinch bowl.
- Apply to face and neck, while at a sink. It can be a little a little drippy.
- Let mask dry for 10 to 20 minutes. It is ready when the mask feels dry and your skin feels tight.
- Rinse off mask with warm water and face towel until mask is removed.
- Pat face dry with clean towel.