No Bake Chocolate lemon dream balls are raw, no-bake, paleo, and have a low carb, keto version. They will make your mouth so happy!
Delicious creamy chocolate Lemon Dream Balls are easy to make low carb & paleo treats that are raw and require no cooking.
I am officially addicted and obsessed with these raw, no-bake, vegan, chocolaty, lemony, balls.
These treats can be made paleo or low carb & keto versions depending on the sweetener of choice that is used in the recipe.
Possibly the easiest, and most yummy treat I've made yet.
Simple ingredients in these, that you may already have in your kitchen. Best of all, no oven required!
I know it sounds like an odd combination but dark chocolate and lemon together are a flavor match made in heaven!
Give it a try and I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.
Lemon is naturally low in carbs and has anti-cancer properties, and chocolate contains antioxidants, so now you have two more reasons to try it.
I also love these easy keto no-bake dessert recipes.
The chocolate lemon balls before freezing.
Decorating the chocolate lemon balls with optional chocolate garnish.
After freezing 10 minutes.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
No Bake Chocolate Lemon Dream Balls
- 1 ½ cup silvered almonds.
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil softened or melted, where to buy this
- 1 ¼ teaspoon lemon extract ,or can use orange extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon zest, or can use orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean powder., gluten free organic kind
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt * optional.
- 2½ tablespoon Sweetener of choice: 2 ½ tablespoon raw honey or for low carb use 2 tablespoon erythritol (I used Swerve®) + 25 drops liquid stevia , or for vegan use 2 ½ tablespoon maple syrup., for paleo
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate chips or bar melted * optional, can omit., sweetened to taste with honey or use liquid stevia for low carb
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet.
- In a food processor combine: almonds, coconut flakes and cocoa powder. Process until it has a fine grain appearance.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except optional chocolate garnish, to the processor, and process until combined. With a spoon scrape down the sides a couple times, and process until a thick paste forms.
- Use hands to form balls by lightly pressing and turning. Then lightly, without pressing, rolling around in hands.
- Place balls on lined sheet.
- Can drizzle with optional chocolate at this point if desired.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to firm a little.
- Remove from freezer and serve.
- Can be stored in a covered container in the fridge.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: