Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins-
Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins are Grain-free, gluten-free, keto, and low carb lemon berry muffins with a creamy cheese danish center.
Watch The Recipe Video
These dessert muffins are one on absolute favorites! I'm so excited about the awesome deliciousness that is happening here.
The beautiful citrus berry combination with the creamy cheese danish center is a divine experience for the taste buds.
I miss having those cheese danishes that are so very unhealthy. I decided to make a much healthier replacement that is grain-free, nut-free, starch-free, and low carb.
These low carb muffins turned out better than I ever imagined. I think I have a new partner for my morning coffee or tea.
- After making the muffin batter, and filling muffin cups, I made an indentation in the center of each muffin.
2. I filled the indentations with the cheese danish filling.
3. After baking the muffins.
Products and Tools That Are Helpful:
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins
- CHEESE DANISH FILLING:
- 3 ounces organic full fat, cream cheese, softened.
- 1 tablespoon organic full fat, sour cream
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- ¼ teaspoon gluten free organic vanilla extract, or ground vanilla bean powder.
- 2 tablespoon Sweetener of choice: 2 tablespoon eryrithtol sweetener like Swerve or other low carb sweetener equivalent.
- 1 egg yolk beaten.
- LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFIN:
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted,
- ½ cup Swerve granular or other granular low carb sweetener equivalent.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- 3 eggs beaten.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- 3 tablespoon butter melted or coconut oil, melted,
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest grate lemon peel with micro plane or fine grater.
- 1 teaspoon gluten free organic vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder & 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen.
- KITCHEN TOOLS:
- 1 cup medium size 12 muffin pan
- eletric hand mixer or stand mixer
- 3 large mixing bowls.
- 1 small pinch bowl.
- micro plane or fine grater
- Lemon juicer
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil 12 cup muffin pan (could also line with paper muffin cups, and could oil those a little too).
- In large mixing bowl, beat with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer all the cheese Danish filling ingredients: cream cheese, optional sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl sift the coconut flour, and add: sea salt, & low carb sweetener Set aside.
- In separate, large mixing bowl combine: eggs, milk of choice, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest.
- Combine: Egg milk liquid mixture with coconut flour dry mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add baking powder and apple cider vinegar. Mix together well.
- Add blueberries to the coconut flour batter and fold in.
- Fill muffin pan cups ⅔ full with coconut flour batter.
- Use a spoon to make an indentation in the center of each muffin (as seen in photo above).
- Use a spoon to fill the hollow center of each muffin with the cheese Danish mixture (as seen in photo above).
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set and tops are golden (check at 25 minutes as all ovens vary).
- Cool completely before removing papers and serving. Can refrigerate then serve, and all leftovers should be stored in the fridge.