Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins-
Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins are Grain free, gluten free, keto, and low carb lemon berry muffins with a creamy cheese danish center.
Watch The Recipe Video ⇑⇑
Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins! So excited about the awesome deliciousness that is happening here. I miss having those cheese danishes that are so very unhealthy. I decided to make a much healthier replacement that is grain free, nut free and starch free. low carb These low carb muffins turned out better than I ever imagined. I think I have a new partner for my morning coffee or tea.
- After making the muffin batter, and filling muffin cups, I made an indentation in the center of each muffin.
2. I filled the indentations with the cheese danish filling.
3. After baking the muffins.
Products and Tools That Are Helpful:
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Lemon Blueberry Cheese Danish Muffins
- CHEESE DANISH FILLING:
- 3 ounces organic full fat, cream cheese, softened.
- 1 tbsp organic full fat, sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice.
- 1/4 tsp gluten free organic vanilla extract, or ground vanilla bean powder.
- 2 tbsp Sweetener of choice: 2 tbsp eryrithtol sweetener like Swerve or other low carb sweetener equivalent.
- 1 egg yolk beaten.
- LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFIN:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour sifted,
- 1/2 cup Swerve granular or other granular low carb sweetener equivalent.
- ¼ tsp sea salt.
- 3 eggs beaten.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- 3 tbsp butter melted or coconut oil, melted,
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 tsp lemon zest grate lemon peel with micro plane or fine grater.
- 1 tsp gluten free organic vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean.
- 1 tsp baking powder & 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen.
- KITCHEN TOOLS:
- 1 cup medium size 12 muffin pan
- eletric hand mixer or stand mixer
- 3 large mixing bowls.
- 1 small pinch bowl.
- micro plane or fine grater
- Lemon juicer
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil 12 cup muffin pan (could also line with paper muffin cups, and could oil those a little too).
- In large mixing bowl, beat with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer all the cheese Danish filling ingredients: cream cheese, optional sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, and egg yolk. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl sift the coconut flour, and add: sea salt, & low carb sweetener Set aside.
- In separate, large mixing bowl combine: eggs, milk of choice, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest.
- Combine: Egg milk liquid mixture with coconut flour dry mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add baking powder and apple cider vinegar. Mix together well.
- Add blueberries to the coconut flour batter and fold in.
- Fill muffin pan cups 2/3 full with coconut flour batter.
- Use a spoon to make an indentation in the center of each muffin (as seen in photo above).
- Use a spoon to fill the hollow center of each muffin with the cheese Danish mixture (as seen in photo above).
- Bake in oven for 22 minutes or until center is set and tops are golden (check at 20 minutes as all ovens vary).
- Cool completely before removing papers and serving. Can refrigerate then serve, and all leftovers should be stored in the fridge.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: