Nut Butter Frosted Paleo Brownies Pops-
Nut butter frosted paleo brownies pops are a fun, kid-friendly, grain-free, starch-free, dairy-free treat. Also has a paleo, and low carb version with dairy-free and nut-free options.
I used sunflower seed butter, but you could use almond or other nut butter.
I made some with a chocolate drizzle and others with just the nut-free butter frosting. These were fairly easy to make and my kids and hubby went nuts for them.
Kids always love anything that resembles a lollipop. I found the cake pop pan here: Cake Pop pan
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Nut Butter Frosted Paleo Brownies Pops
- PALEO BROWNIE POPS:
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted
- 3 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder sifted., unsweetened
- cup Sweetener of choice: ½ maple syrup or for low carb option: ½ cup granulated erythritol sweetener (I used Swerve Brand)+ 20 drops, (¼ tsp) liquid stevia.
- 3 eggs beaten.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or butter melted.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 tbsp nut or seed butter of choice: sunflower seed butter or almond butter, melted.
- ¼ tsp sea salt.
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar Mixed in a separate pinch bowl (will be fizzy).
- NUT or NUT FREE BUTTER FROSTING:
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter or almond butter, or peanut butter for low carb, unsweetened.
- 1 ¼ tbsp coconut oil.
- tsp Sweetener of choice: 2 maple syrup and for low carb option: 20 drops(¼ tsp) or to taste liquid stevia, or 2 tsp granulated erythritol (I used Swerve Brand)., paleo
- 1 tbsp chocolate mini chips melted * Optional garnish
- Kitchen Supplies:
- 1 to 2 cake pop pans or 1 8x8 baking pan.
- 2 mixing bowls and 1 pinch bowl (small bowl).
- 1 small sauce pan.
- 1 baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350◦ F, and oil a cake pop baking tray, or 8x8 baking pan (if you don’t have a cake pop tray).
- Sift coconut flour and cocoa powder together in a large mixing bowl. Add sea salt to the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Combine in a medium size mixing bowl: eggs, coconut milk, melted coconut oil or butter, vanilla extract, melted nut or seed butter. Mix together thoroughly. Add premixed baking soda- apple cider vinegar mixture to the egg mixture, and stir in well. Add Sweetener of choice to the egg mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Combine dry flour mixture and liquid egg mixture. Stir until chocolate batter forms.
- Place a spoonful of brownie batter into cake pop pan. Fill each depression until slightly over the top of depression. Place cake pop lid on top of pan. If you don’t have cake pop pan, then spoon batter into baking pan and spread around evenly, (can be cut into small squares when done).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean from center.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove lid. Let cool completely in pan before removing brownie balls.
- In a small sauce pan combine all the ingredients except chocolate chip garnish. Stir over medium low heat until melted and combined. Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Once brownie balls are cooled, remove from pan. If using baking pan, then cut brownies into small cube sized squares. Press cake pop sticks, or small Popsicle sticks into the bottom of brownie ball or square.
- Dip brownie pop or square into melted nut butter frosting and roll around until covered in frosting. Place on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Repeat until all are frosted.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 20 minutes or until the nut butter frosting has solidified.
- Can be served, or garnished with melted chocolate drizzle.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: