Don’t let Valentine’s Day or any holiday derail your clean eating! These paleo , grain free, chocolate lovers zucchini hot cakes will satisfy your sweet tooth while sneaking in some healthy veggies. There is also a low carb (sugar free) version included for those that are counting carbs.
These hot cakes are full of antioxidants from the cocoa or cacao powder. They also are high in fiber from the coconut flour and zucchini. Rich in healthy fats from coconut oil and nut meals with some protein from the eggs and nuts. You can make the optional chocolate maple syrup too, or use plain maple syrup.
You don’t have to make them heart shaped, but my kids gave me these heart shaped rings for Christmas and I have been having so much fun with them. They can be used for making heart shaped eggs, pancakes, cookies, brownies, breads and much more. Where to buy the heart shaped rings, click here:Where to buy Heart Shaped Rings. Here I am opening these cute heart shaped rings!
What about heart shaped butter you ask? I melted some butter, then poured into this mold half way full, then froze till solid. Here is the heart mold I use : Where to buy Heart Candy Molds (for the butter) Some instructional photos
Paleo Chocolate Lovers Zucchini Hotcakes
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup fine grated organic zucchini
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp organic 100% maple syrup for paleo, or for low carb use a low carb sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE MAPLE SYRUP:
- 1 ½ tbsp . coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup or low carb maple syrup
- Kitchen Supplies
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 griddle or fry pan
- heart pancake rings
- In large mixing bowl combine all hotcake ingredients and mix together thoroughly. If pancake batter is too thick then add a little water and mix in.
- Heat a greased griddle on the stove top to slightly above medium temperature.
- Place greased or oiled pancake rings, if using, on the heated griddle. If not using rings, then proceed as with regular pancakes.
- Spoon some batter into each ring and spread around with spoon until shape is filled in. leave ring on until side pancake is done (it will start bubbling).
- Lift ring off pancake and then flip pancake over to let other side cook. If it is too delicate to flip then it is not ready yet.
- Repeat until batter is all used.
- If you’re making the chocolate maple syrup then heat a small sauce pan on medium heat and add all syrup ingredients.
- Heat and stir syrup ingredients until all are melted and thoroughly mixed.
- Serve hot cakes with chocolate maple syrup or regular maple syrup and ghee or butter if desired.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To find other delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes, visit with us on Facebook!
Please support the team by buying: Gluten Free Low Carb Recipe Cook Books.