Paleo Eggs in a Hole-
A keto, low carb & paleo eggs in a hole recipe that is grain-free and gluten-free.
Paleo Eggs In A Hole, or eggs in a basket, or toad in a hole, or also known as eggs in a frame. This classic egg dish goes by many names.
Actually, the true" Toad in a Hole" dish is sausages baked in Yorkshire pudding originating from the UK, and my family (Americans) have always called this egg dish "Toad in a Hole".
So they have been calling it the wrong name for a long time.
Basically, it is a fried egg inside a "cut out" in your toast. I made a version that is paleo, grain-free, starch-free, nut-free, and low carb by using my grain-free quick bread in place of regular toast.
This recipe is actually 0g net carbs because the fiber content is higher than the carb count. So, this recipe is great for Keto or Atkin's induction.
Baking the quick sandwich bread
Cut or press a hole in the center of the bread.
Crack egg into bread hole in the frying pan.
Once the egg is cooked enough, flip over to cook the other side.
Serve and enjoy.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Paleo Eggs In a Hole
- Quick Sandwich Bread:
- 2 ½ tablespoon golden flax meal where to buy flax meal
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk.
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda + ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl.
- ½ tablespoon butter ghee, or coconut oil
- Eggs in a Hole Ingredients:
- 2 eggs for frying
- 2 teaspoon butter ghee, or coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil a loaf pan.
- Combine all quick bread ingredients in the loaf pan and stir until completely combined.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until browned.
- Remove bread from oven and cool completely.
- Slice bread across the middle and slide a spatula under the bread and lift out of loaf pan * as seen in photo above.
- With a knife or biscuit cutter cut a hole in the center of each piece of quick bread.
- Oil or grease a fry pan and place on stove top on medium heat. Place bread in fry pan and crack an egg into each bread hole, * as seen in photo above. Cook eggs for a few minutes and then flip over to cook other side of eggs and bread.
- Remove from pan with spatula once eggs are cooked the way you prefer.
- Serve and enjoy.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts: Yeild: 2, Serving size: 1 slice with 1 egg, Calories: 187 Fat: 15 g, Carbohydrates: 3 g / Net Carbs: 0 g, Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 11 g