Sour Cream Pumpkin Butter Muffins- are grain free, low carb, pumpkin spice muffins with a sour cream pumpkin butter center. So very good, and has easy to follow photo instructions below.
Sour Cream Pumpkin Butter Muffins are lovely, spiced pumpkin muffins with a pumpkin butter sour cream filling. These are rich and creamy, grain free, and low carb. Pumpkin is the low carb dieter’s best friend. It is sweet and creamy, but also full of fiber and low in carbs. Here are some of the wonderful healthy benefits of pumpkin, and why you should enjoy eating pumpkin:
- Contains antioxidants (cancer preventative)
- High in dietary fiber (aides in weight loss)
- Low in calories
- Rich in Minerals and vitamins that can help eyesight and promotes healthy skin
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF POST FOR RECIPE, DIRECTIONS & PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD:
Printable Recipe Card:
Sour Cream Pumpkin Butter Muffins
- PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS:
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted, where to buy coconut flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup pumpkin puree * not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice: unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- cup Sweetener of choice: 1/3 pure maple syrup for primal or for low carb use 1/3 cup low carb (sugar free) maple syrup + 1/3 tsp liquid stevia.
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder.
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened (warmed a little)
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 1/2 coconut sugar or for low carb use 1 1/2 tbsp erythritol granular sweetener, where to buy erythritol
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line with baking cups, or grease a medium size muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl combine: ½ cup sifted coconut flour, 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, and ½ tbsp ground cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In second large mixing bowl combine: 3 eggs, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 1/3 cup sweetener of choice, 1/3 tsp stevia if making low carb version (omit for primal), 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract and1 ½ tsp baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine thoroughly, scraping the sides and breaking up any clumps. Spoon batter into prepared or lined muffin pan. Press a depression in the center of each muffin with a spoon* see photo above.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine: 1 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp pumpkin puree, 2 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened, 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount (1 ½ tsp) of sour cream pumpkin mixture into each depression of the muffin center *as seen in photo above.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is firm and browned. Remove and cool. Can be served, but are best when refrigerated awhile before serving. Store unused portions in the fridge.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
Dairy-Free Low Carb Waffles: Low Carb Waffles