Bacon Egg Salad Tomato Bites
Bacon Egg Salad Tomato Bites are a super easy appetizer or snack. Combining the taste of BLT sandwich with egg salad sandwich, only leaving out the bread and lettuce. These are grain free, paleo and low carb. My husband, who does not like tomatoes, liked these. I think it was the bacon that changed his mind, lol. Hmmm, maybe I should put bacon in everything! Be sure to get tomatoes small enough to fit in your mouth whole. You can do a bigger tomato, but then you should eat with a fork, as they are messy that way. I tried different sizes, and the small to medium bite size worked best, but not the really tiny ones or big ones.
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 3 ½ tbsp mayonnaise, for a homemade mayonnaise, try this recipe
- ¼ tsp ground mustard spice, where to buy this
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8 small (bite sized) tomatoes, slice off tops and spoon out insides
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- ⅛ tsp paprika, I like this one
- Hard boil eggs, cool and peel off shells. In a large mixing bowl chop up hard boiled eggs into very small pieces using a fork.
- Add to the chopped eggs: 3 ½ tbsp. mayonnaise, ¼ tsp ground mustard, ¼ tsp sea salt, and ⅛ tsp black pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and use a spoon to scoop and scrape out the insides of the tomatoes. Try to get tomatoes that will fit in your mouth whole. Fill each hollow of tomato with egg salad mixture.
- Top each with bacon crumbles, chives, and a dash of paprika. Serve and enjoy.