I love this Easy Paleo Chimichurri Bacon Chicken recipe because it is so easy make and very flavorful. You have probably had a similar sauce on beef or steak before. But this version is amazing on chicken and the bacon is a great flavor add in that is optional. Grain free, paleo, and low carb. You can use frozen chicken in this recipe as well. I used chicken thighs but you could use chicken breasts too. My kids love it even though it is green colored. If you like spicy, you can always add some extra red pepper flakes. I gave a choice of oils as I know some people do not cook with olive oil. This recipe is baked, not fried at extreme high temperatures. The sauce is also a great sandwich spread if you have left over sauce.
|Easy Paleo Chimichurri Bacon Chicken|| |
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1 Cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley, remove large stems
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 slices cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil or avocado oil, where to buy avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except for the chicken thighs. Process until a nice green sauce forms.
- Pour a ⅓ of the sauce over the bottom of the casserole dish, and spread around.
- Place chicken thighs on top of sauce.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the chicken. Cover dish with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or longer if chicken is frozen (40 to 45 minutes). Or until chicken is cooked through the thickest part.
- Remove from oven, and let cool a bit before removing lid or cover (steam burns are not fun)
- Serve and enjoy.