No Bake Chocolate Lemon Dream Balls
I am officially addicted and obsessed with these raw, no bake , vegan, chocolaty, lemony, balls. Can be made paleo or low carb versions depending on sweetener of choice that is used. Possibly the easiest, and most yummy treat I’ve made yet. Simple ingredients in these that you may already have in your kitchen. Best of all, no oven required!
- The chocolate lemon balls before freezing.
- Decorating chocolate lemon balls with optional garnish.
- After freezing 10 minutes.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
- 1 ½ cup silvered almonds.
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil softened or melted, where to buy this
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean powder., gluten free organic kind
- 1/8 tsp sea salt * optional.
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 2 ½ raw honey or for low carb use 2 tbsp erythritol (I used Swerve®) + 25 drops liquid stevia , or for vegan use 2 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup., for paleo
- tbsp Garnish: 1 unsweetened chocolate chips or bar melted * optional, can omit., sweetened to taste with honey or use liquid stevia for low carb
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet.
- In a food processor combine: almonds, coconut flakes and cocoa powder. Process until it has a fine grain appearance.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except optional chocolate garnish, to the processor, and process until combined. With a spoon scrape down the sides a couple times, and process until a thick paste forms.
- Use hands to form balls by lightly pressing and turning. Then lightly, without pressing, rolling around in hands.
- Place balls on lined sheet.
- Can drizzle with optional chocolate at this point if desired.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to firm a little.
- Remove from freezer and serve.
- Can be stored in a covered container in the fridge.
Serving: 1 ball, Cal: 79, Fat: 7.3 g, Carbs: 2.7 g / Net Carbs: 1.1 g, Fiber: 1.6 g, Sugar alcohols: 1.2 g, Protein: 2 g, Sugars: 0.8
NUTRITIONAL DATA FOR PALEO VERSION (honey) includes chocolate garnish:
serving: 1 ball, Cal: 87, Fat: 7.3 g, Carbs: 5 g / Net Carbs: 3.4 g, Fiber: 1.6 g, Protein: 2 g, Sugars: 3.2 g