Paleo Chewy Coconut Brownie Bites
An easy to make, grain free and low carb treat.
Paleo Chewy Coconut Brownie Bites are grain free with a low carb (sugar free) option, and are so very easy and simple to make! These chewy brownie bites are paleo, dairy free, nut free, starch free, flourless, and oil free. Only five, easy to find ingredients. They have the taste of a brownie with a chewy coconut cookie texture. Containing protein from the egg whites, fiber from the coconut flakes, and antioxidants from the cocoa or cacao powder. This is a healthy treat the whole family can feel good about. You could even use the 100% organic egg whites from a carton if you don’t want to separate eggs. Just be sure to add egg whites as the last ingredient and also brush the tops with a tiny bit of egg white before baking. This makes them crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, where to buy coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cocoa or cacao powder, where to buy cacao powder
- Sweetener of choice: ⅔ cup coconut sugar, or for low carb use ⅔ cup erythritol, where to buy erythritol
- 1 tsp organic GF vanilla extract, where to buy vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup organic egg whites, or 2 separated egg whites.
- 1 tbsp egg white * for brushing the tops.
- Preheat Oven to 350 F, and line or grease a baking sheet.
- Grind up coconut in processor or blender until finely ground.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: ground coconut flakes, cocoa powder, and sweetener of choice (coconut sugar or granular low carb sweetener).
- Add in the vanilla extract. Slowly add half of the egg whites and mix in. Keep adding the egg whites and mixing until a paste texture forms. It should not be runny or a batter texture. Should be a grainy, paste like texture.
- Form into balls or spoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the tops with egg white.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, check at 10.
- Cool completely and serve.
* All nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used*