I have an extremely picky eater at my household. You have probably heard me mention that my son won’t eat a vegetable that is out in the open, and that I have to sneak them into his food. You also have heard me mention my Hubby’s disdain for cauliflower. And, I must confess that I don’t really enjoy cauliflower raw or plain. So this is another sneaky, veggie infused, recipe that my son and my hubby loved. My son actually scarfed it down, no questions asked. Probably because there was not anything green colored in this one. Usually, he asks “what did you put in this?”
My older kids loved it too. Because it is baked in the oven and the cauliflower is not steamed or boiled, you are not going to get that very strong odor throughout the house. Only a slight odor inside the oven. I did tell them what was in it, after they scarfed it down, and they still wanted seconds. I was so happy to get them enjoying cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that has anti-cancerous properties, excellent fiber content, contains antioxidants, and is anti-inflammatory!
Dump the cauliflower batter into prepared loaf pan:
Spread and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Brush top of loaf with optional butter and sprinkle with optional parmesan.
Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Sneaky Cheesy Garlic Bread, grain free
- 2/3 cup raw cauliflower ground or riced.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp golden flax meal
- 2 cloves to 3 Garlic peeled and minced.
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp milk of choice: unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk, or organic heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup to ½ cup grated cheese of choice: cheddar pepper jack, jack, etc.
- 1 tsp coconut sugar for primal or 1 tsp erythritol for low carb * optional, can omit.
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder or for primal use 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in separate pinch bowl (should be very fizzy)
- ½ tbsp butter or ghee melted *optional for brushing on top of loaf
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese * optional for sprinkling on top of loaf
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or butter a loaf pan very well.
- Grind up raw cauliflower tops, not stems, in a processor, blender or ricer until rice texture is formed.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 2/3 cup ground cauliflower, 1/3 cup coconut flour, 1 tbsp optional flax meal, minced garlic cloves, 2 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp sea salt and 1 tsp optional sweetener. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add to the cauliflower mixture: 3 eggs, 3 tbsp milk of choice, 2 ½ tbsp. melted butter or ghee, and grated cheese of choice. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add in the baking powder or baking soda + apple cider vinegar mixture and mix in well.
- Dump batter into prepared loaf pan, and spread around evenly. Smooth out top of loaf with the back of a spoon.
- Can brush on the top of loaf the optional ½ tbsp melted butter or ghee, using a pastry or sauce brush.
- Sprinkle optional parmesan cheese on top of loaf if desired.
- Bake at 400 F preheated oven for 30 minutes, check at 28 minutes, as all ovens vary. Remove from oven once loaf is firm in center and browning on top.
- Cool, slice and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 1 loaf ( 9 slices), Serving size: 1 slice, Calories: 101 Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 4 g / Net Carbs: 2.1 g, Sugar: 1 g, Fiber: 1.9 g, Protein: 5 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*