Turkey and Bacon Egg Fry
Turkey Egg and Bacon Fry is an easy, high protein, low carb, paleo breakfast. It is single serve, but would easy to make several of these.
These sort of happened when I was in a hurry, and did not have time to make grain free tortillas for a breakfast tostada.
Instead of a tortilla, I put some sliced turkey or ham into the frying pan, and then cracked an egg on top of the deli meat and sprinkled it with precooked bacon crumbles. Then I covered the pan with a lid and cooked until the egg was done. Once the egg is cooked to your liking then remove and top with optional cheese, avocado, salsa, and cilantro. These were so simple and filling.
Perfect for those mornings were you don’t have time to make a huge breakfast. I used turkey because I did not have any ham, but ham or Canadian bacon would work great in these also. You could also bake a large batch of these in the oven using a greased casserole dish.
- 2 slices turkey or ham deli meat try to find natural preservative free brand
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices or 1/5 of avocado *optional 1 ounce
- 1 tbsp grated cheese *optional omit for paleo
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or salsa *optional
- ½ tbsp cilantro chopped *optional
- Grease or oil a large fry pan over medium heat on stove top.
- Cover bottom of fry pan with 2 slices of turkey, ham, or Canadian bacon.
- Crack one egg over the top of deli meat slices.
- Sprinkle precooked bacon crumbles on top of egg.
- Cover fry pan with lid and cook until egg is done to your liking.
- Once egg is done, remove from fry pan using a large spatula.
- Top with optional grated cheese, avocado, salsa or hot sauce, and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: Yield:1 Serving size: 1 serving, includes all toppings, Calories: 245, Fat: 17 g,Carbohydrates: 3 g / Net Carbs: 1 g, Sugar: 1 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 22 g