Chocolate Dipped Italian Almond Cookies-
Insanely tasty, low carb, gluten free, Chocolate Dipped Italian Almond Cookies.
Unbelievably delicious! These cookies have been deemed “the best cookies I make” by my kids and husband. They are even better the next day, as the flavor intensifies.
You could probably get about 20 smaller cookies out of these, but I make bigger ones because I love cookies.
- 2 cups blanched slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Swerve or Xylitol erythritol, Can use coconut sugar if Paleo
- 2 egg whites separate the eggs, I use this tool
- 1 tsp GF Almond extract ( use organic gluten free, real extract, like this one
- 1/2 tsp GF Vanilla extract (use organic gluten free, real extract)
- 1 Tbsp Almond slices ( optional for decoration).
- 2 Tbsp stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips I used this brand ( can use unsweetened baking chocolate square and add liquid stevia to taste) also, can omit, if you don't want chocolate ( did I say that ?).
- Preheat oven to 300 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor grind 2 cups almond slivers into a powder/ meal, then
- add xylitol or (sweetener of choice) to food processor and process for 15 seconds more.
- Add 2 egg whites, almond extract, vanilla extract ,and liquid stevia to processor, and process until a smooth, thick, paste forms.
- Place Mixture in freezer for 15 minutes ( this keeps it from spreading as it bakes).
- Use a teaspoon to place rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper ( keep an inch and a half apart)
- Put a couple almond slices on cookies( optional)*
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely on parchment paper before removing from paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on melt chocolate setting for 20 seconds and stir (if your microwave does not have this setting, then use microwave on lowest setting and check often) check every 10 seconds. (Optional)
- Spread melted chocolate on a 1/4 of cookie, or you can also lightly drizzle it on the cookie.Let chocolate dry, or put in fridge to dry quicker. If you possibly can wait until the next day to eat, the flavor is even better the next day!
*all Nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 cookie out of 14 Calories: 107 Fat: 8.3 g Carbohydrates: 5.2 g / Net Carbs: 3.7 g Sugar: 1.7 g Fiber: 1.5 g Protein: 5.1 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*