Paleo Banana Almond Butter Bread is an easy to prepare banana bread that the whole family will enjoy. The almond butter makes it so moist and adds a banana nutty flavor.
It is grain and starch free and dairy free. It could be made nut free if you sub sunflower butter for almond butter. You can also add optional chocolate chips and the homemade chocolate sauce for a more decadent dessert bread.
I love to have this with breakfast or give it to the kids for an after school snack.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Paleo Banana Almond Butter Bread
This healthy banana bread is so incredibly yummy, that my kids did not know it was Paleo.
- 3 Eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed.
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil where to buy coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract use real organic GF extracts
- 2 ½ tablespoon almond butter melted (heat a little so it stir in easier)
- 2 ½ tablespoon maple syrup or honey.
- ½ teaspoon baking Soda +1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl (it will be fizzy).
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt.
- ½ Cup coconut flour where to buy coconut flour
- ⅓ cup Dark chocolate chips that are soy free gluten free & dairy free, I use this brand *optional
- Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil melted.
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoon honey.
- Preheat oven to 350, and butter or oil a loaf pan.
- In large bowl combine all wet ingredients together : 3 Eggs, 2 mashed bananas, 2 ½ tablespoon melted Coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 ½ tablespoon melted almond butter, and baking soda apple cider vinegar mixture. Mix together well.
- Add sifted coconut flour and sea salt to the mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add optional Chocolate chips (optional) and mix well
- Spoon and spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of center of loaf clean.
- Combine all the optional chocolate sauce ingredients together and stir well. Drizzle sauce over banana bread.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
nutrition facts calculated with chocolate chips.
Serving: 1gCalories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 5gFat: 9gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Mention @gfbeautyandthefoodie or tag #gfbeautyandthefoodie
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 10 slices, Serving size: 1 slice, Calories: 169, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 5 g
I made this tonight and it is great! I used almond flour because I personally don't like the texture of coconut flour. I love recipes that are grain free and delicious! Thanks so much for the great recipe! I will share on my blog tomorrow!
Angelena, thank you for trying this and sharing!
Hi Judy, glad you like the banana bread. I do have a pumpkin spice muffin I make, and I will post that soon. I'm also working on a pumpkin coconut cream mini cake. I love blueberries and cinnamon too. I am going to check out your site. Thank you for the feed back.