These Paleo Italian chocolate dipped almond cookies are a grain free, family favorite at my house. The kids are always asking " when are you going to make those almond cookies with the chocolate again?" They are pretty simple to make and don't have many ingredients.
They are outstanding with coffee or tea. Dunk them, you won't be sorry! They can be made without the chocolate too, for those of you that don't participate in chocolate. I do know some people like this. I wish I could be one of you, but I can't seem to stay away from it. Chocolate haunts me and taunts me.
Paleo Italian, Chocolate Dipped, Almond Cookies
- 2 Cups Slivered Almonds or whole if skinless
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp Real Almond Extract ( I use Flavorganic's Extracts they are gluten free, and non-gmo)
- 1/2 Tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt * optional
- 1 Tbsp Sliced Almond * optional for decoration
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips * optional I use Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 300 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor grind almond slivers into a fine meal.
- Add coconut sugar to the processor and process for 15 seconds more.
- Add to processor : 2 egg whites, almond extract, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Then process until a smooth paste forms.
- Put just processor bowl, with almond paste in it, in the freezer for 7 minutes ( this helps the dough be less sticky).
- Use a teaspoon to put round spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
- Decorate with almond slices* optional
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Lets cookies cool completely before removing from paper.
- Melt chocolate, and spread on 1/4 of cookie or drizzle on.* optional
- Let chocolate dry, or put in fridge or freezer for a few minute to help chocolate dry faster.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional Data: Yield:14, Serving size: 1, Calories: 144, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 4 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*