Chocolate Strawberry Tarts paleo & grain-free with a low carb version. This combines two of my favorite treats: chocolate-covered strawberries and fruit pie.
Chocolate Strawberry Tarts paleo & grain free with a low carb, keto version. You just can’t go wrong here.
A fresh strawberry pie filling in a grain free, buttery pie crust, and covered with a rich, dark chocolate ganache.
Although you can make these without the chocolate ganache, and just prepare regular strawberry tarts. Especially if you don't like or enjoy chocolate.
But if you're like me, and love chocolate strawberries, then it is well worth the little extra time it takes to prepare the chocolate ganache topping!
You can also use defrosted frozen berries in this recipe if strawberries are not in season.
You can also use raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries in place of the strawberries.
Scroll to bottom of post for printable recipe
Chocolate Strawberry Tarts Paleo
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 1 ½ cup hulled and chopped strawberries
- cup Sweetener of choice: ¼ coconut sugar or for low carb ¼ cup granular erythritol, like this one, or other low carb sweetener equivalent., for paleo
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp water
- TART PIE CRUST:
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 honey or for low carb use ¼ tsp liquid stevia, or 1 tbsp granular erythritol, for paleo
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 ½ tbsps butter or ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sweetener of choice Use coconut sugar for paleo or use powdered erythritol for low carb version. grind up granular sweetener in a blender until powdered
- 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and oil or grease a muffin pan or line with silicone baking cups.
- In a small pinch bowl mix chia seeds and water. Set chia seed mixture in the fridge for 6 minutes to set and gel.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries, ¼ cup sweetener of choice, and 1 tbsp coconut flour. Toss and mix the strawberries to coat them in the sweetener and coconut flour. Add chia seed gel and mix in.
- Let berry mixture set on counter for 25 minutes.
- While the filling is setting, you can make the crust.
- In a large bowl add all tart crust ingredients and mix well with a fork until dough forms.
- Squeeze dough with hands into 6 ball shapes. Place dough balls into the muffin pan and press and mush dough around until at least half of muffin depression is covered with the crust. Bake at 375 for 6 to 10 mins. Remove and cool.
- Once the 25 minutes is up and berry mixture has thickened a little, then
- fill each tart crust with strawberry filling to just below the top of crust.
- Cover the top of muffin pan with a sheet of parchment paper or foil (to keep crust edges from burning). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. You can take the parchment paper off for the last 2 or 3 minutes to brown. Remove and cool completely.
- While tarts are cooling, you can make the chocolate ganache.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add : butter, cream, cocoa powder and powdered sweetener of choice. stir and heat until slightly bubbling and remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and mix in.
- Spoon and spread a little chocolate ganache over the top of each tart . Refrigerate the tarts for at least 25 minutes or more to let the chocolate solidify and the fruit filling set. Crust will also be easier to remove from the pan once refrigerated. A butter knife can be slid around the outside of crust to loosen form muffin pan, or if you used silicone baking cups, then just peel off.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: