Bacon Buffalo Broccoli Bites
Grain free, low carb, tasty broccoli bacon fritters with buffalo sauce and optional cheese.
Bacon Buffalo Broccoli Bites are grain free, low carb broccoli bacon fritters with buffalo sauce, spices and optional cheese. These make a great appetizer or vegetable side dish.
I must admit that I am really not a broccoli lover. I always have to have something on it or covering it to make it palatable for me. Basically, it needs to be disguised in something yummy!
My husband can eat it raw with nothing on it. I must have be a “supertaster”, because it makes me gag like a toddler. However, I can eat a great amount of healthy broccoli in this recipe. I even have it as side dish with dinner or with breakfast eggs.
Easy to make by pulsing a processor or blender, then mixing the ingredients, and baking. Then lightly frying till a little crisp.
- 1 3/4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut flour or can use ⅓ cup almond flour instead
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp to 3 red hot pepper sauce I used this one *optional
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese * can omit for dairy free
- 1 ½ tbsp Parmesan cheese *can omit for dairy free
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or other oil of choice, for frying
- Optionally Garnish Each with:
- 1 tsp sour cream or paleo sour cream
- ½ tsp extra red hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender combine the first three ingredients and pulse until the broccoli, garlic and bacon are minced.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: the minced broccoli garlic and bacon, coconut flour, eggs, red pepper sauce, grated cheese, parmesan cheese, sea salt, and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Place spoonfuls ( about1 ½ tbsps) of the dough onto the parchment paper, lightly smashing them down with the back of your spoon to a pattie like shape. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until firm and no longer sticky. Remove from oven and cool enough to handle.
- Heat a large frying pan and the avocado oil or oil of choice to medium high heat. Fry broccoli bites, a few at a time for a minute or two on each side until browned and crisp. Remove from pan and repeat. Serve with a little optional sour cream (or paleo sour cream) and more red pepper sauce.
*Recipe nutritional data includes cheeses but not extra garnishes*
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Nutritional Data: Serving size: Calories: Fat: Saturated fat: Unsaturated fat: Trans fat: Carbohydrates: Sugar: Sodium: Fiber: Protein: Cholesterol: