Coconut Almond Mocha-
Coconut Almond Mocha is grain free, paleo and has a low carb version.
Coconut Almond Mocha is a paleo cafe mocha with “almond joy” candy bar flavors. Grain free and includes a lower carb version.
It has become very chilly in the morning, and sometimes you want something warm and a little sweet to start your day. But you could use organic decaf if your making this in the evening for a night time treat.
I was going to make a frappuccino with this recipe, but decided, with the colder weather, that I really would prefer a hot beverage.
When it is hot again outside, I will blend this up with ice. For the low carb version , you can use the unsweetened chocolate almond milk and leave out the cocoa powder, or use regular unsweetened almond milk and add the cocoa powder.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
- ½ cup brewed coffee.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or for low carb could also use unsweetend chocolate almond milk and leave out the cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp cocoa or cacao powder for paleo leave this out if using chocolate almond milk unsweetened.
- 1 tbsp coconut butter like this one, or can use 1/8 tsp coconut extract instead
- 1/8 tsp GF almond extract * optional.
- Sweetener of choice: 2 or to taste honey ( for paleo), or for low carb use 1 tsp erythritol + 7 drops liquid stevia, or more to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan, and heat on stove top over medium to medium low. Warm and stir with a whisk until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- Heat until it is the temperature you prefer.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version( using unsweetened chocolate almond milk and erthritol +stevia): Serving size: 1 (whole recipe), cal: 135, fat: 10 g, Carbs: 5 g / Net Carbs: 3 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Sugar: 1 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo (honey sweetened): Serving size: 1 (whole recipe), Cal: 198, Carbs: 27 g/ Net carbs: 23.5 g, Fat: 10 g, Fiber: 3.5 g, Protein: 4 g, Sugar; 18 g
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: