Coconut Almond Mocha-
Coconut Almond Mocha is grain free, paleo and has a low carb version.
Coconut Almond Mocha is a paleo cafe mocha with "almond joy" candy bar flavors. Grain free and includes a lower carb version.
It has become very chilly in the morning, and sometimes you want something warm and a little sweet to start your day. But you could use organic decaf if your making this in the evening for a night time treat.
I was going to make a frappuccino with this recipe, but decided, with the colder weather, that I really would prefer a hot beverage.
When it is hot again outside, I will blend this up with ice. For the low carb version , you can use the unsweetened chocolate almond milk and leave out the cocoa powder, or use regular unsweetened almond milk and add the cocoa powder.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Coconut Almond Mocha
- ½ cup brewed coffee.
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or for low carb could also use unsweetend chocolate almond milk and leave out the cocoa powder.
- 2 tsp cocoa or cacao powder for paleo leave this out if using chocolate almond milk unsweetened.
- 1 tbsp coconut butter like this one, or can use ⅛ tsp coconut extract instead
- ⅛ tsp GF almond extract * optional.
- Sweetener of choice: 2 or to taste honey ( for paleo), or for low carb use 1 tsp erythritol + 7 drops liquid stevia, or more to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan, and heat on stove top over medium to medium low. Warm and stir with a whisk until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- Heat until it is the temperature you prefer.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: