New and improved "Coconut Lemon Muffin Bars" are an easy, lightly sweet, lemony, anytime treat. They are the same as before, but I added a lovely, lemon coconut frosting and little more lemon flavor.
My daughter said it needed more lemon. She critiques my food like she's a judge on Top Chef, lol. I think you will enjoyed the improved version even more than the original. Also added a better photo, yay.
I still struggle daily with photography. Why did I never learn to use a camera properly in my life time? I was sure missing out on some creative, but complicated and tedious fun.
These muffin bars are great with coffee or tea. Grain free, paleo, and has low carb options too. Is there any hobby that you never learned, but would like to take on now?
Coconut Lemon Muffin Bars
- 2 Eggs.
- ¼ Cup Milk of Choice . unsweetened Almond milk or Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest . grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Organic Lemon Extract
- 1 tablespoon Raw Unsweetened Coconut Butter melted,
- Sweetener of Choice: ¼ cup Maple Syrup for paleo version or ½ cup erythritol granulated sweetener+ 15 drops liquid stevia for low carb version.
- 2 tablespoon coconut Oil or butter melted,
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Flour sifted,
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda + 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut butter melted,
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter melted.
- ⅓ teaspoon organic GF lemon extract or 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Sweetener of choice: 1 ¼ teaspoon honey for paleo or 15 drops liquid stevia for low carb.
- Preheat Oven to 350 F, and grease or oil an 8x8 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- Add to mixing bowl: milk of choice, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest, melted coconut oil, and melted coconut butter. Stir, and add in maple syrup or low carb sweetener.
- Add, and stir in the pre-mixed baking soda-vinegar mixture ( will be fizzy and foamy).
- Sift in the Coconut four , and stir until clump free and thickened ( should take a couple minutes to thicken).
- spoon batter into prepared pan, spread around evenly.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes, or until middle is firm.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- in small mixing bowl combine all frosting ingredients and stir. if too thick add just a dash more milk of choice.
- spread frosting over the top of bars, garnish with optional raw unsweetened coconut flakes.