Natural DIY Sensitive Skin Cleanser
I finally made a natural skin cleanser that my hyper sensitive skin loves!! My skin is super delicate and sensitive. I can barely use anything on it without a reaction. But I have been using this for 2 weeks without any rashes or break outs. It just leaves me with soft happy skin. It removes make up, moisturizes, cleanses, and gently exfoliates dead skin cells. I also found a bonus use for this cleanser as well. I used it as a gentle body scrub, and those dry bumps on the backs of my arms ( keratosis pilaris) have gone away. Also the razor bumps on my legs have diminished. Leaves skin really soft and moisturized too. Easy and inexpensive to make.
- 3 Tbsp Organic Extra virgin Coconut oil ( Removes make up moisturizes with anti-aging properties), where to buy coconut oil.
- 1 Tsp Raw Honey ( soothes and heals skin purges bacteria), where to buy raw honey
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda ( gently exfoliates draws out toxins)
- 1 small container with lid
- Put Coconut oil in a small bowl and stir with a spoon, if it is really hard then warm spoon under hot water, dry spoon, and stir oil with warm spoon until creamy ( not liquid).
- Add Tsp Honey and stir in well.
- Add baking Soda and stir in very well.
- Spoon into clean container with lid.
- Store at room temperature.
- No worries if if hardens, it will melt when applied to skin from your body heat.
- Use a small spatula ( found in make up section at drug store) or tiny spoon to scoop out a small amount ( pea size).
- apply to face and neck, and move fingers in circles around face to exfoliate.
- Let set on face for a minute to draw out toxins.
- Rinse and remove with warm water and a wash cloth.
- There may be some oil residue left, but it absorbs quickly, and goes away as soon as you pat dry with clean dry towel.
- You may not need a moisturizer at all after this, but if you do, then just a super tiny amount of plain coconut oil works well.