Coconut Mocha Loco Coffee Cake-
Coconut Mocha Loco Coffee Cake is a crazy yummy, paleo & low carb cake that is gluten free.
This coconut mocha loco coffee cake is grain free, gluten free, and has a low carb (sugar free) version, and a paleo version.
I am so excited about this coffee cake, because it combines many of my very favorite flavors. I might have to hide it, and hoard it, because it is too good to share. After a wonderful, and exhausting trip to Hawaii, I was inspired to make a tropical treat.
Now I am in coconut, chocolate, mocha, cinnamon heaven. I'm still missing Hawaii, the cute sea turtles, and the colorful geckos that were visiting us regularly. Must go back someday and have more turtle time, and some fresh coconuts.
Coconut Mocha Loco Coffee Cake
- Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup coconut flour sifted
- 2 ½ Tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- cup Sweetener of choice: ⅓ maple syrup for paleo or for low carb (sugar free) use ⅓ cup low carb maple syrup + 25 drops liquid stevia.
- ½ Tsp cinnamon..
- • 2 eggs.
- cup • ½ unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- 1 ½ Tbsp raw unsweetened coconut butter melted *optional
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or butter melted,
- 1 tsp coffee extract or 2 tsp organic instant coffee or instant decaf granules+ 1 tbsp water (mixed together)
- ½ Tsp baking soda+1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed with vinegar in separate pinch bowl (will be very fizzy).
- Topping Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp almond flour or meal.
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour.
- ½ Tsp cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter softened.
- tbsp • Sweetener of choice: 2 coconut sugar or for low carb use 2 Tbsp erythritol (sugar free), for paleo
- 2 ½ Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes..
- Optional Garnish:
- 2 Tbsp optional chocolate chips for paleo or sugar free chocolate chips for low carb.. Enjoy Life®
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or oil a 8x8 pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour and cocoa powder.
- Add: sweetener of choice, cinnamon, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, coffee extract, raw coconut butter, and stevia if using the low carb sweetener option.
- Mix thoroughly, breaking up any clumps (coconut flour likes to clump).
- In separate pinch bowl, combine: baking soda and apple cider vinegar (will be very fizzy).
- Add baking soda vinegar mixture to coconut flour mixture and stir in thoroughly. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan and spread around evenly, and set aside. In a medium size bowl, combine all the topping ingredients, and mix into a paste like consistency.
- Spoon topping on the middle and the 4 corners of the top of cake batter, and swirl topping around (don’t try to cover entire cake, it should look swirled).
- Bake for 20 to 28 minutes, but check at 20 minutes. The topping should have formed a crust and cake should be somewhat firm in center.
- Remove from oven and cool. Once cake is cooled, slice into 10 squares and garnish with optional chocolate chips. I put about 4 to 5 chips on each square.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version with chocolate chips: Cal: 120, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 2 g. Carbs: 6.6 g / Net Carbs: 4.1 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 2 g Nutritional Data Below is for Paleo version with chocolate chips: Cal:141, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 2 g, Carbs: 12 g / Net Carbs: 9.5 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, sugar: 7 g *all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*