This Easy Paleo Breakfast Taco Skillet is a simple to prepare, one skillet, super delicious and hearty, paleo, keto, low carb, Mexican breakfast version of Shaksura.
This post is sponsored by: Kevin's Natural Foods
An ultimate Mexican style comfort food breakfast made all in one skillet with ground beef, veggies, eggs, Kevin's Classic Taco Sauce, and many choices of yummy toppings & garnishes.
The eggs and taco meat make this a very filling, hearty breakfast that will keep you full for hours.
A skillet entrée is so hearty that it also makes a satisfying dinner. I made this for dinner, then saved the leftovers and reheated them for breakfast. There were no complaints about having it twice either.
If you are on a keto or low carb diet, you can also add a little grated cheese on top. My son added some grated pepper jack cheese to his and picked off the avocado as he dislikes avocado. He is so weird; who does not like avocado?
Kevin's Classic Taco Sauce made this meal super simple to make & so tasty.
Kevin’s Natural Foods are Paleo-Certified, Keto-Certified, Certified-Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, and Preservative-Free.
Check out & follow Kevin’s Natural Foods on social media, and discover all their tasty healthy, clean eating products.
Common Questions About Easy Paleo Breakfast Taco Skillet Recipe:
You can use ground turkey, ground chicken, ground pork, ground sausage, or even chorizo in place of the ground beef.
If you are going to use fresh diced tomato, then you will also need to add a ½ cup water with it to replace the liquid from the canned tomato. The liquid is needed to steam the eggs.
Printable Recipe Card
Easy Paleo Breakfast Taco Skillet
- 1 lb Ground Beef grass-fed
- ½ tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 small Zucchini 5 inch, chopped
- 3 tablespoon organic Sliced Black Olives
- 2 ounces ½ of a 4 ounce can canned organic Diced Green Chiles
- ½ cup canned organic Diced Tomatoes with juices
- 1 package Kevin’s Classic Taco Sauce, or 7 ounces other brand of salsa or taco sauce
- 5 large Eggs
- ½ avocado sliced
- 1 small Jalapeno sliced *optional garnish
- 2 tablespoon organic Hot Sauce * optional garnish
- 2 ½ tablespoon paleo Sour Cream * optional garnish
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Crumble and add ground beef, brown for 6 minutes or until the the beef is browned.
- Drain any excess grease from pan. Turn down stovetop to medium heat.
- Add Kevin’s Taco Sauce, canned diced tomatoes, chopped zucchini, sliced olives, and canned green chilis to the pan. Stir and bring to a simmer. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Use your large spoon to make 5 small wells in the meat sauce and crack the eggs into each well.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your preference.
- Garnish with avocado slices, optional sliced jalapenos, hot sauce and paleo sour cream. Serve and enjoy.
Delicious! And happy to have those leftovers on hand for a healhty balanced breakfast for the remainder of week.
Thak you, Jen 🙂
This skillet makes you look forward to breakfast! The flavors are so delicious and satisfying!
Definitely my kind of breakfast! Can't wait to try that taco sauce.