Grain Free Cheese Filled Mini Meatloaf-
This Grain Free Cheese Filled Mini Meatloaf is easy to throw together, keto, low carb main dish that is baked in a muffin tin.
Preparing meat loves in a muffin pan is a great way to serve meatloaf and have automatic portion control.
I have been experimenting with my family meatloaf recipe. I have been trying to make it grain-free and low carb.
Finally, I have made a version that is just as good as the old recipe. This one is primal, low carb and grain-free, but could be paleo if you omit the cheese.
It could be made in a regular loaf pan, but it is easier to have more precise portions if made in a muffin pan. The kids think it is cuter that way too.
Cheese-Filled Mini Meatloaf-
After mixing the meatloaf, I divide the meat in half and make the first layer. Then top that layer with cheese.
Layer another half of meat mixture on top of the cheese, and spread tomato glaze on top, or you can use my Keto BBQ Sauce. Last, I sprinkle the glaze with a sweetener of choice.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Grain Free Cheese Filled Mini Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef.
- ½ cup or 4 ounces tomato sauce or puree make sure tomatoes are the only ingredients
- 1 egg beaten.
- 2 tablespoon golden flax meal where to buy golden flax, golden flax meal tastes better
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- ¼ teaspoon ground celery seed* optional.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 ½ tablespoon gluten free Worcestershire sauce * optional.
- ⅓ cup cheese grated *optional.
- 1- 12 muffin regular size, muffin pan or loaf pan.
- TOMATO GLAZE:
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce or puree . make sure tomatoes are the only ingredients
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice.
- 3 teaspoon coconut sugar for or 3 teaspoon Swerve (erythitol granular) for low carb., paleo
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly oil a 12 muffin, medium size, muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine: ground beef, egg, flax meal, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup tomato sauce, paprika, sea salt, celery seed, and garlic powder.
- Mix meat until well incorporated, and divide in half.
- Using half of meat mixture, place one or two spoonful’s of mixture into each muffin indentation and press down in pan (should fill to just slightly under half full).
- Place 2 teaspoon of cheese on top of each meat layer.
- Using other half of meat mixture, place one or two spoonful’s of mixture on top of cheese layer, and press down into muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine: tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and allspice (don’t add the sweetener).
- Spread 2 teaspoon’s tomato glaze on top of each meat muffin.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of sweetener on top of the tomato glaze on each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or more, until top is browned.
- Cool and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: