Grain Free Cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaf-
I have been experimenting with my family meatloaf recipe. Have been trying to make it grain free and low carb. Finally, I have made a version that is just as good as the old recipe. This one is primal, low carb and grain free, but could be paleo if you omit the cheese. It could be made in a regular loaf pan, but it is easier to have more precise portions if made in a muffin pan. The kids think it is cuter that way too.
After mixing the meatloaf, I divide the meat in half and make the first layer. Then top that layer with cheese. Layer another half of meat mixture on top of cheese, and spread tomato glaze on top. Last, I sprinkle the glaze with sweetener of choice.
Grain Free Cheese Filled Mini Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef.
- ½ cup or 4 ounces tomato sauce or puree make sure tomatoes are the only ingredients
- 1 egg beaten.
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal where to buy golden flax, golden flax meal tastes better
- ½ tsp paprika.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- ¼ tsp ground celery seed* optional.
- ¼ tsp sea salt.
- 1 ½ tbsp . gluten free Worcestershire sauce * optional.
- 1/3 cup cheese grated *optional.
- 1- 12 muffin regular size, muffin pan or loaf pan.
- TOMATO GLAZE:
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or puree . make sure tomatoes are the only ingredients
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice.
- 3 tsp coconut sugar for or 3 tsp Swerve (erythitol granular) for low carb., paleo
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly oil a 12 muffin, medium size, muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine: ground beef, egg, flax meal, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, paprika, sea salt, celery seed, and garlic powder.
- Mix meat until well incorporated, and divide in half.
- Using half of meat mixture, place one or two spoonful’s of mixture into each muffin indentation and press down in pan (should fill to just slightly under half full).
- Place 2 tsp of cheese on top of each meat layer.
- Using other half of meat mixture, place one or two spoonful’s of mixture on top of cheese layer, and press down into muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine: tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and allspice (don’t add the sweetener).
- Spread 2 tsp.’s tomato glaze on top of each meat muffin.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of sweetener on top of the tomato glaze on each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or more, until top is browned.
- Cool and serve.