Happy Banana Hot cakes are a grain free, dairy free, fun, kid friendly, paleo breakfast for all ages! My kids adore these and my hubby and I love them too. Great for a lazy, Sunday morning, or could make in advance, and store in container in fridge, or freezer for busy, weekday mornings.The kids love using the happy face griddle, which I bought here: where to buy Happy Face Griddle
Happy Banana Hot Cakes
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour or golden flax meal for nut free.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 Ripe Mashed Banana
- 1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract like this one, gluten free kind
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt like this one
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup.
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda + 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in seperate pinch bowl ( will be very fizzy).
- 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips like this one * optional, can omit., GF and soy free brand
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl, until batter forms.
- Heat oiled griddle or fry pan to medium high heat, (my griddle has happy faces on it).
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on griddle and cook for a minute or two on each side, until golden brown.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*all nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used*
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 4 -6, Serving size: 1 medium size or 2 small size Calories: 163, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrates: 15 / Net Carbs: 11.2 g Sugar: 6.5g, Fiber: 3.8 g, Protein: 5 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*