Chili Squash Boats
Low carb, with a paleo option, these Chili Squash Boats are a wonderful way to make a meal out of leftover chili.
A great way to use up leftover chili. I always make a large batch of chili and then have this the next day for lunch. A really simple, fast meal when you have leftover chili.
Here are some links to my favorite, paleo, low carb chili recipes that can be used in this recipe: Easy Keto Instant Pot Chunky Chili, Easy Taco Chili Skillet, Hearty Crockpot Chili Stew, or you can use any low carb chili you like as well.
This yellow squash has a ‘crooked neck’ which is a curved stem on its end and a yellow skin and flesh with seeds in the center. It is also one of the most popular summer squashes. It is my second favorite squash next to zucchini squash.
Yellow crook-neck squash is not only low in carbs it also has many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Yellow Squash
- Low Carb & Low Calorie
- High in Vitamin C
- Contains Folate & Iron
- Contains Beta Carotene & Lutein
My favorite keto, low carb & paleo chili recipes:
Printable Recipe Card
Chili Squash Boats
- 2 Cups low carb or paleo chili (use my favorite keto chili recipe)
- 2 Medium-Sized Yellow Squash
- ⅓ Cup Cheese of choice *optional
- Preheat Oven to 400 F° ( 200 C°), and grease or line a baking sheet.
- Cut the Yellow Squash in half.
- Steam the squash halves for a 7 to 8 minutes or microwave for 60 seconds until just a little soft.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a spoon or small ice cream scoop and scoop a small amount of squash out of the center hole. Use spoon to scrape out the center.
- Use a paper towel to pat dry any water in the squash.
- Fill each squash hole with a ½ cup of chili.
- Place the squash halves on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chili is hot and cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and chives or onion if desired.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes That You May Also Enjoy: