Chili Squash Boats
Low carb, with a paleo option, these Chili Squash Boats are a wonderful way to make a meal out of leftover chili.
A great way to use up left over chili. I always make a large batch of chili, and then have this the next day for lunch. A really simple, fast meal when you have leftover chili.
- 2 Cups paleo or low carb chili (Can use my favorite Paleo Low Carb Chili Recipe click on this link: Chili Stew )
- 2 medium Yellow Squash
- 1/4 Cup Cheese of choice *optional
- Preheat Oven to 400 F
- Cut the Squash in half.
- Steam the squash halves for a few minutes or microwave for 60 seconds until just a little soft.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a spoon or small ice cream scoop and scoop a small amount of squash out of the center hole.
- Fill the squash hole with a 1/2 cup of chili.
- Place Squash halves on a oiled or lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until chili is hot and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 4 boats, Serving size: 1 boat of 4 boats Calories: 145, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 6.9 g / Net Carbs: 4.9 g, Sugar: 1 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 11 g,
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*