Hearty Crock Pot Chili Stew-
This Hearty Crock Pot Chili Stew recipe is meaty, gluten free, paleo, low carb and full of flavor!
What if chili and beef stew had a love child? Then this would be the result. This is my absolute favorite chili. So good, you won’t even miss the beans. My husband, who is not paleo, said its the best chili he has ever eaten.
This chili has two kinds of beef in it and uses chopped mushrooms instead of beans. I combined the best ingredients from chili and from beef stew to make a hearty, delicious, hot bowl of paleo comfort food.
Makes plenty of leftovers to make Chili Squash Boats for lunch the next day, click here for that recipe: Chili Squash Boats
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Cubed Beef Stew Meat
- 1 28 ounce Can Tomato Puree or Tomato Sauce one with tomatoes as only ingredient
- 2 Cups Organic GF Beef Broth or homemade.
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin or can use 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree for thickening.
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Zucchini Squash chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Minced
- 6 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, then add to crock pot, set on high.
- Add: Tomato Puree, Beef Broth, Pumpkin puree, 2 Tbsp Chili powder, 1 Tsp Garlic Powder, and 1 Tbsp Cumin to crock pot and stir.
- Add 1 Tbsp Olive oil to the same pan you browned the beef in, and saute on medium high the: Onion, Minced Garlic, Mushrooms, and Zucchini Squash.
- Saute until veggies have softened.
- Add all of the sauteed veggies to the crock pot.
- In the same saute pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil and 1 Tbsp Chili powder, and mix together.
- Add Beef stew meat to the pan, and coat meat with the chili- oil mixture in pan.
- Brown the Beef Stew Meat on all sides.
- Add Stew Meat to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, then put on low for 2 to 5 hours.( or can cook on low for 5-8 hours)
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 12, Serving size: 1 Cup, Calories: 265.1, Fat: 16 g, Carbohydrates: 9.5 g / Net Carbs: 7 g , Sugar: 4 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Protein: 20.4 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*