Keto Asian Teriyaki Meatballs are a savory, flavorful, and satisfying baked meatball recipe with a yummy low carb teriyaki sauce.
These meatballs are simple to make and have delicious Asian-inspired flavors of ginger, garlic, and sesame.
The meatballs also are lightly simmered in a Keto Teriyaki Sauce that is bursting with flavor.
Asian style meatballs made gluten-free by using flax seed meal or crushed pork rinds to replace the bread crumbs in traditional meatballs.
It is entirely up to you which gluten-free bread crumb substitute (flaxseed meal or crushed pork rinds) you prefer to use in the recipe.
Simple Meal Ideas for Keto Asian Teriyaki Meatballs:
- For a comforting meal serve these meatballs with sauce over warm cauliflower rice (I used the frozen cauliflower rice from the freezer section in the grocery store).
- Grill the meatballs & sauce with low-carb veggies on kebab skewers for an Asian meatball kebab.
- Place the meatballs with sauce on Low Carb Buns with shredded cabbage for an Asian-style meatball sandwich.
Common Questions About the Keto Asian Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe:
You can use ground chicken in the recipe instead of ground turkey or pork.
You can use a low carb sugar-free store-bought teriyaki sauce if you can find one at your store like this brand.
Store the leftover portions in a sealed container in the fridge.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Asian Teriyaki Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200℃) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Combine In a large bowl: ground turkey, flax meal or crushed pork rinds chopped green onion, 1 egg, ginger, minced garlic, and sesame oil. Use your hands or a spoon to mix until combined.
- Roll 1 ½ tbsp of meat mixture into meatballs (about 20 meatballs) and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until done in the center.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare the Keto Teriyaki Sauce.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to a frying pan and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until warm.
- Add warm meatballs to the pan and toss in the sauce to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to garnish. Serve or serve over warm cauliflower rice. Store unused portions in a sealed container in the fridge.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy