Keto Instant Pot Cauliflower Salad is a rich, creamy, low carb potato salad alternative made with cauliflower.
It is simple to make a delicious, low-carb cauliflower salad in the instant pot. This recipe is a low-carb version of my friend’s mom’s best potato salad recipe.
About five years ago, my friend was hosting a party for his daughter’s graduation. My husband and I went to the party, which was a lovely backyard barbecue.
I was seated next to my friend’s German mother, who has a slightly intense personality.
She asked me if I had tried her potato salad, and I told her that I’m sure her potato salad is lovely, but I’m just not a fan of any potato salad.
She said, “you can’t say that you don’t like potato salad until you try my potato salad.”
I told her that I’d tried many potato salads in the past and I never like them.
She seemed a little annoyed and asked me, “why do you not like potato salad?” I replied, “I don’t like onions, and potato salad usually has too many onions in it for me.”
She then proclaimed, “My potato salad does not have any onions.”
Then I told her that I’m also on the keto diet and potatoes have too many carbs.
That comment only seemed to make her more determined, and she said, “one little bite will not make you gain weight!”
Well, I didn’t have a clever response to that, and I began to realize that this potato salad was a big deal to her. I didn’t think it was worth having a big altercation over it. It would not kill me to try a bite of it since it seemed so very important to her.
I thoroughly prepared myself to hate it, especially after her forcing it on me. But, instead, it turned out to be completely delicious. I had judged it on past experiences, and she was right about her recipe.
I told her how amazing it tasted and how much I was shocked that I liked it so much. She smiled and was a little smug, but after only a few “I told you so’s", we chatted about food, cooking, and baking the remainder of the party.
My friend's mom is a world traveler and very knowledgeable about cooking in many different cultures and countries.
She also gave me her famous potato salad recipe, which I used to make this low-carb cauliflower version in the Instant Pot.
Another favorite vegetable keto Instant Pot side dish that is very tasty is Bacon Mushroom Green Beans.
Questions About the Keto Instant Pot Cauliflower Salad Recipe:
I prefer using the plain yellow mustard in this recipe.
I used dill pickle relish because it usually does not have added sugar in it and I prefer the flavor of dill pickle relish over sweet relish
You can omit the chives if you desire.
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Instant Pot Cauliflower Salad
- 1 medium head cauliflower chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 lg eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp yellow mustard the condiment
- 2 ½ tbsp dill pickle relish no sugar added
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Add 1 cup water the Instant Pot and place steamer rack into the pot. Place the eggs on the rack.
- Close, lock the lid and flip the steam release handle to the Sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) on High Pressure and set the cook time for 6 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups cold water and add some ice cubes to a large bowl. Set aside
- Once cook time is complete, let the pressure release Naturally for 5 minutes and the Quick release the remaining pressure. Press cancel to turn off the pot.
- Open the lid. Remove eggs from rack and add the eggs to the ice water bath to soak for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs from the bath, peel and chop the eggs. Set aside.
- Dump out the remaining water in the inner pot, add 1 cup cold water to the pot, and return to the Instant Pot.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a steamer basket with legs that will fit in the Instant pot. Lower the steamer basket into the pot.
- Close, lock the lid, and flip the steam release handle to Sealing. Select Steam on High Pressure and set the cook time for 3 minutes.
- Once the cook time is complete, carefully Quick release the pressure. Open the lid and remove steamer basket.
- To a large bowl add steamed cauliflower, chopped eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: