I admit that the 50/50 orange cream pops were my very favorite frozen treat from the ice cream truck as a kid. I have been craving one since the weather started getting warmer.
So, making a low-carb version of these creamsicle treats was a quest that had yummy results.
These creamy-style popsicles will remind you of those 50/50 orange cream popsicles from your childhood.
Except this version of the classic popsicle is low carb, sugar-free, and you don’t need to chase down an ice cream truck to have one.
These lovely, creamy, dreamy frozen pops have an orange-vanilla base with a sweet swirl of vanilla yogurt.
During the hot or warm weather, these orange cream pops are an absolute must! I would probably eat these even it was snowing outside.
If you would like to make this recipe dairy-free, then you can replace the heavy cream with full-fat coconut cream and replace the dairy yogurt with coconut yogurt.
I used a brand of Orange Gelatin that is natural and stevia-sweetened called: Natural Simply Delish Orange Jel Dessert, But you can also use sugar-free orange jello (the 3 oz pack).
Common Questions About Keto Orange Creamsicle Pops Recipe
Yes, you can replace the heavy cream with full-fat coconut cream, and you can also substitute the unsweetened Greek yogurt for plain coconut yogurt.
Yes, you can use the Natural Simply Delish Jel Dessert brand which is gelatin free & vegan. Then you can replace the heavy cream with coconut cream and replace the yogurt with coconut yogurt.
The leftover popsicles should be left in the molds and stored in the freezer.
It is best to run the mold under warm water to loosen the popsicles from the mold before pulling them out of the mold. They can be left on the counter to defrost for a few minutes before pulling out of the molds.
Yes, you could use any of the flavors of the low-carb gelatin you prefer. For example, a strawberry, peach or cherry cream pop would also taste yummy.
Printable Recipe Carb Below
Keto Orange Creamsicle Pops
- ⅓ cup Cold Water
- 1 Package .7 oz Natural Simply Delish Orange Jel Dessert (vegan & sugar-free), or 3 ounce size Sugar Free Orange Jello
- ⅓ cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream for dairy-free
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Full Fat Plain Greek Yogurt or Plain Coconut Yogurt for dairy-free
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream for dairy-free
- 2 ½ tbsp Low Carb Powdered Sweetener
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the contents of the sugar free orange gelatin package to the ⅓ cup cold water and whisk until dissolved. Set aside.
- Boil ⅓ cup water in a sauce pan. Once water is boiling, remove from heat and add the cold water gelatin mixture to the boiled water. Whisk until completely mixed and dissolved. Set aside.
- Add the 1 cup heavy cream, orange gelatin water mixture, and 1 tsp vanilla extract to a blender or processor. Pulse until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine: ⅓ cup yogurt, ¼ cup heavy cream, 2 ½ tbsp low carb powdered sweetener, and ¼ tsp vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- To 6 popsicle molds pour a small amount of the orange mixture to the bottom of each mold.
- Spoon a tbsp of the vanilla cream mixture to each popsicle mold. Then pour a small amount of orange mixture to the molds. Repeat layers until molds are almost full.
- Place mold sticks or popsicle sticks into molds and freeze for 5 to 8 hours or until solid.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to loosen mold from the popsicle before pulling the popsicles out of the molds. Serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: