Keto Instant Pot Bacon Mushroom Green Beans is a quick and easy, keto, low carb, and paleo side dish that has so much flavor.
Keto Instant Pot Bacon Mushroom Green Beans is one of my family’s favorite keto side dishes made in the instant pot and pretty much the only way I can get them to eat green beans.
The instant pot perfectly steams the green beans without making them mushy or discolored.
When I was a kid growing up in the ’70s, I was never too fond of green beans.
It was much later in life that I realized that I like green beans and I only disliked them in the past was because we only were served canned green beans.
Even though we grew our green beans in our garden, we always canned them so we could have them year-round, much to my dismay, lol. They were kind of mushy in texture and green, brownish color.
Later in life, someone convinced me to try steam green beans with butter, and I instantly changed my mind about green beans.
I started enjoying recipes like green beans almondine and other green bean dishes, but this mushroom bacon version is my absolute favorite!
Another Keto Instant Pot Side Dish that is also tasty:
Common questions & answers about Keto Instant Pot Bacon Mushroom Green Beans Recipe-
Don’t be silly; if you can’t have or don’t eat pork, then you can use beef fat bacon.
Yes, you most certainly can use the French green beans.
You can use two cloves of garlic if you desire, but if you use a lot more, it will add more carbs.
Coconut aminos are a soy-free, wheat-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly alternative to soy sauce.
Tamari sauce is a wheat-free version of soy sauce.
Recipe & Printable Recipe Card Below:
Keto Instant Pot Bacon Mushroom Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- Place the green beans directly into the inner pot of the Instant Pot (no need to use the rack or basket). Add enough water just to cover the beans.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the pressure release handle to Sealing. Select Steam on High Pressure and set the timer for 2 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, Carefully use the Quick Release method to release all the pressure.
- Open the lid, remove, drain green beans, and set aside. Dump out the remaining water from inner pot and wipe dry. Return inner pot to Instant Pot.
- Set Instant to Saute on High setting. Add chopped bacon and saute until bacon slightly starts to crisp.
- Add butter, minced garlic, and sliced mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes or until mushrooms soften and start to shrink.
- Add coconut aminos or tamari sauce and stir for 1 minute until mushrooms absorb the sauce.
- Add the green beans to the pot and stir to coat in the mushrooms and sauce for a minute.
- Remove from pot, plate, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy