These quick & simple to make, but very tasty, Keto BLT Egg Salad Boats make an excellent low carb, paleo lunch, breakfast or snack.
This recipe has all the yummy taste of a BLT but without the bread and all the carbs. The addition of egg salad makes this also a very filling and satisfying meal with healthy fats and protein.
I used romaine lettuce cups, but I’ve also used butter lettuce cups and just placed a scoop of it onto a salad or spinach leaves.
You can buy the eggs pre-boiled at the store for ease and convenience or boil the eggs yourself on the stovetop, or use my Instant Pot method of hard-boiling eggs included in the directions.
I always cook the bacon in advance in the oven at 400 ℉ for about 20 minutes, or until crisp. Then I crumble it and keep in a zippered bag in the fridge and ready for adding to recipes & salads.
Common Recipe Questions for Keto BLT Egg Salad Boats-
Yes, you can use the instant pot and I have include my IP directions for boiling eggs in the Instant Pot with the recipe.
You can use butter lettuce cups. You can also just scoop some of the egg salad BLT mixture onto a bed of lettuce or spinach and eat with a fork.
Yes, in the egg section of the grocery store they usually sell bags of pre-cooked hard boiled eggs.
You can, but it is preferred make real bacon or to try find pre-cooked bacon pieces that are real and nitrate free.
Yes, you can use a homemade keto or paleo mayonnaise recipe like this one.
Printable Recipe Card
Keto BLT Egg Salad Boats
- Peel shells from cooled hard-boiled eggs.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add hard-boiled eggs and chop the eggs with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and mix until combined.
- Fill each lettuce leaf shells with equal amounts of the egg salad. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and paprika, then top with the diced tomatoes. Serve.
Directions for using Instant Pot to Hard-Boil Eggs:
- Pour one cup of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket or steamer rack into the pot and place the eggs on the rack.
- Cover and lock the lid, and turn the pressure release handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, use the Natural Release method for 6 minutes and the Quick Release the remaining pressure.
- Place eggs in an ice-water bath for 6 minutes. Remove eggs from bath and peel off shells.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
PIN IT HERE