Keto Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Green Bean Bake is easy to prepare, all in one dish chicken and veggie bake in a creamy sauce with cheeses.
My family will not eat green bean unless they are disguised in some kind of sauce.
They love that green bean casserole that people make for the holidays with the french fried onions on top and the canned condensed cream of mushroom soup mixed in.
All of which contains gluten, and too many carbs for me.
I decided to take a small amount of inspiration from the traditional green bean casserole, and make a low carb, one dish, chicken with green beans and mushrooms in a creamy marinade with some cheeses.
Keto Cheesy Mushroom Green Bean Bake is an easy to prepare, one-pan, low-carb chicken & veggies meal. Fewer dishes to wash is always a win in my book!
My husband, who does not even like chicken, ate every bit of it and asked if he could take the leftovers to work for lunch the next day.
I know he really loves a dish when he asks for the leftovers before he is even done eating it for dinner.
Common Questions About the Keto Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Green Bean Bake Recipe:
You can replace the sour cream with the same amount of full-fat mayonnaise.
Yes, you can use your choice of green beans (French green beans, string beans, wax beans, or Romano green beans).
I used white or button mushrooms but Cremini mushrooms (baby Bellas) would also work well in the recipe.
I prefer fresh mushrooms in the recipe, but you can use the canned sliced golden mushrooms if that is what you have available. Just be sure to drain them before adding them to the casserole dish.
I prefer the chicken with the grid slices because the grid pattern slices in the chicken help the marinade get deep within the chicken and will produce a more flavorful and less dry chicken.
Printable Recipe Card
Keto Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Green Bean Bak
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 3 tablespoon Full-Fat Sour Cream or Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Aminos or Tamari Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt divided
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Sliced White or Button Mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups chopped Green Beans
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200℃) and grease a 10-13 inch casserole dish.
- Slice a grid pattern on one side of each chicken breast without slicing all the way through * see photo. Set aside.
- Mix sour cream or mayo, heavy cream, coconut aminos or tamari sauce, minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and black pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add chicken breast to the cream sauce and turn to coat in the mixture. Let marinate in the cream sauce for 20 minutes.
- Rinse green beans, Break off the ends (the top and tail) as you rinse them. Chop green beans and slice the mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms and green beans to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining sea salt.
- Place chicken on top of mushrooms and green beans. Pour any remaining cream sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top. Return to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is done.
- Serve chicken and mushrooms and green beans and be sure to pour any liquids from the bottom of the dish over chicken and veggies.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: