Keto Crusty Baguette Loaf Bread is a low-carb bread loaf with a fantastic texture and an outer bread crust that is brown & flakey like a baguette.
I’m so excited because this bread recipe turned out so much like the texture and taste of a crusty baguette loaf.
I tried to make a soft bread loaf for sandwiches, and it did not turn out as expected.
I was sad because I saw that it did not rise as much as I wanted and did not look like the bread I was trying to make.
Thinking that I would have to start over again, but I did not want to waste the ingredients or throw the loaf away, as I always try my best to eat my failed experiments.
Once the bread cooled, I sliced off a piece, and what a fantastic surprise! It tasted exactly like those crusty baguette loaves that they serve at the restaurants before your meal.
I am utterly thrilled with this recipe, as it is the best keto bread I’ve tasted so far!
It is not wet or eggy, and it is crusty and firm on the outside and soft on the inside.
It may not have risen enough for sandwich bread, but it is lovely for toast, bruschetta, or dipping in flavored olive oil or your favorite soups and stews.
I thought this recipe was a fail, but it turned out to be an early Mother’s Day gift from the oven, and I’m so grateful.
Common Questions About The Keto Crusty Baguette Loaf Bread Recipe:
You can omit the cream of tartar from the recipe, but it will just take a little longer to get the egg whites to form peaks.
You can use the darker flax meal, but I prefer the taste of the golden flax meal.
Yes, you need to cover and bake the additional 35 minutes (70 minutes total). The bread may look done, but the inner loaf is still baking inside.
Yes, you can use the real egg whites that come in a carton. That is what I used so I don’t have to separate so many eggs and find a use for all the remaining egg yolks. Use 1 cup of real egg whites from the carton.
Store the bread loaf in a sealed container in the fridge for up 2 weeks. Then, the bread can easily be reheated or toasted in an oven or toaster.
Yes, you can freeze the sliced bread in a freezer bag or sealed container, using squares of parchment between the slices of bread.
You can make that shape of bread loaf if you have that kind of loaf pan, like this baguette pan (with the sides closed). Be sure to line the pan's loaf indentations with parchment paper, so the batter does not ooze out the holes in the pan.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Crusty Baguette Loaf Bread
- 1 ¾ cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 4 tablespoon Golden Flax Meal
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea salt
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- 8 large Egg whites 1 cup, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Confectioners Erythritol Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon Cream of tartar * optional to whip egg whites quicker
- Preheat the oven to 325℉ (163℃) and grease an 8 ½ inch loaf pan & line with parchment paper, with some extra hanging over the sides to make the bread easier to remove from the pan.
- In a large food processor combine the almond flour, golden flax meal, baking powder, powdered erythritol, xanthan gum, and sea salt. Pulse until combined.
- Add the melted butter to the processor and pulse, scrape down the sides with a rubber scraper as needed, until a crumbly texture forms. Set aside.
- In an extra-large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Add ½ of the egg white fluff to the food processor. Pulse a few times until just combined making sure not to over-mix!
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor into the bowl with the remaining egg white fluff, and gently fold until combined and until combined. Only fold gently. Don’t mix vigorously.
- Spoon the batter into the lined loaf pan and smooth the top with a rubber scraper.
- Bake for 35 minutes (it will look done, but it is only halfway done & must return to oven to bake covered), then loosely cover the top of the loaf pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper (to keep the top from over-browning).
- Return the loaf to the oven and continue to bake for 35 minutes more, or until the top of the loaf is firm when pressed.
- Remove from oven & cool completely before removing the loaf from the pan and slicing. Store unused portions in a sealed container in the fridge. This bread can easily be reheated or toasted.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: