Keto Instant Pot Egg Benedicts Cups are a delicious low-carb eggs benedict alternative breakfast that is so simple to prepare in your instant pot.
Keto, Paleo, and Whole30, this instant pot breakfast is comforting and satisfying.
Gently steamed eggs inside a hollowed-out bell pepper cup with a rich and creamy faux hollandaise sauce that is so easy to make.
This was inspired by my Egg Bacon Zucchini Nests on this site.
Ingredients for shopping
- XL Eggs
- Bell Peppers, medium-sized, any color
- Baby Arugula Leaves
- Fresh Parsley
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- White Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Turmeric
See recipe card for quantities.
Cut off bell pepper tops so that peppers are 1 ½ inch high and remove and scrape out the center and all seeds.
Add one cup of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer rack inside of the pot.
Carefully crack an egg into each bell pepper cup. Place each bell pepper on the steamer rack.
Close the lid & select Pressure Cook (Manual) on High Pressure and set the timer for 2 to 3 minutes.
While eggs are cooking; prepare the sauce. In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients.
Once cooking time is complete, let it Naturally Release for 2 minutes the Quick Release the remaining pressure.
Open the lid and remove bell peppers. Serve bell pepper egg cups on a bed of arugula leaves or spinach, and spoon the faux hollandaise sauce over the top of the egg cups.
Hint: Depending on how runny or done you prefer your egg yolks to be, you can adjust the cooking time to longer or shorter time periods.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to the eggs before cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- Deluxe with Bacon - add cooked chopped bacon to the egg cups and then pour on the sauce.
I used an Instant Pot to make his recipe.
Store the cooked egg cups in a covered container in the fridge for up to two days. Store the sauce in a covered container in the fridge for up to3 days.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Instant Pot Eggs Benedict Cups
- 4 XL Eggs
- 4 Bell Peppers medium-sized any color
- 6 Baby Arugula Leaves or spinach
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
Faux Hollandaise Sauce:
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- Cut off bell pepper tops so that peppers are 1 ½ inch high and remove and scrape out the center and all seeds.
- Add one cup of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer rack inside of the pot.
- Carefully crack an egg into each bell pepper cup.
- Place each bell pepper on the steamer rack. Secure the Instant pot lid and turn the pressure release handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) on High Pressure and set the timer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking; prepare the sauce. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, white vinegar, sea salt, black pepper, and ground turmeric. Whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, let it Naturally Release for 2 minutes the Quick Release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and remove bell peppers and serve bell pepper egg cups on a bed of arugula leaves or spinach, and spoon the hollandaise sauce (made earlier) over the top of the egg cups. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes you may also enjoy
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
So easy and I love the colorful, edible "cups"!
I loved this! So much easier than regular eggs benedict.
Hi Stacey, I just wanted to tell you how much we enjoy this recipe. It turns out lovely, and the easy hollandaise is wonderful. So fun to have this healthy (veggies + protein) savory breakfast + the ease of using the IP.
I LOVED the mild turmeric flavor in these!
Wow, I love the idea of cooking the eggs in hollowed out peppers! What an easy and healthy, yet decadent brunch idea.